Contribute
Register

Tried to update to 12.3, now have kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me it works perfectly with these definitions in DeviceProperties and cpufriend.kext in the Kernel.
he tries!

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-03-21 alle 15.40.40.png
    Schermata 2022-03-21 alle 15.40.40.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 131
to me it works perfectly with these definitions in DeviceProperties and cpufriend.kext in the Kernel.
he tries!
I don't use cpufriend but that shouldn't be the problem. I didn't have device_type and model defined, though, and can slip those in to see if they help. The only other difference from yours is my path, I have PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0) because I'm using my en0 port.

he tries!
Successful following your suggested entries! Am now running 12.3 with i225-V ethernet using Device Properties and the device-id, device_type and model entries shown in your attachment. Thanks!

Successful following your suggested entries! Am now running 12.3 with i225-V ethernet using Device Properties and the device-id, device_type and model entries shown in your attachment. Thanks!
I'm glad to hear from you and know that I have been useful to you.

I end up roll back my system to 12.2.1 for now (Thank god I had the latest backup of the 12.2.1 in TimeMachine).
My issue has been resolved,
please checkout my following commit on config change.

HI, I also managed to update from 12.21 to 12.31 just had to avoid that horrid 12.3 :)
Yea, it seems like the 12.3 was released on a rush and had so many problems. Hence the reason why 12.3.1 come out so quickly. (which I do appreciate)

My issue has been resolved,
please checkout my following commit on config change.

Real device-id = F315. So, we have two options...
  1. add e1000=0 in the boot-args (don't set device-id, or set default F315), or
  2. set device-id F215, and patch com.apple.driver.AppleIntelI210Ethernet, find F2150000, replace to F3150000.
Anyone know what is the pros of option 2 and what is the cons of options 1?

Real device-id = F315. So, we have two options...
  1. add e1000=0 in the boot-args (don't set device-id, or set default F315), or
  2. set device-id F215, and patch com.apple.driver.AppleIntelI210Ethernet, find F215000, replace to F315000.
Anyone know what is the pros of option 2 and what is the cons of options 1?
For me, the Option 1 didn't work. (it boot into blank/black screen). Hence I used the 2nd option, which worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back