Contribute
Register

Tried everything, but boot0 error doesn't go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always get the info on the Gigabyte website. Just use Google and enter your
motherboard name. Yours should be ALC1150 for audio and appleintelE1000e v3.1.0
for networking.

You can always get the info on the Gigabyte website. Just use Google and enter your
motherboard name. Yours should be ALC1150 for audio and appleintelE1000e v3.1.0
for networking.
Okay thanks! I am going to try this now and I will report back my results thanks for the help so far but stay tuned cause I might need more help:crazy:.

Yay okay I now have the hackintosh booting without the USB drive plugged in. But there is still some problems please help if you can with getting them working.
- I still have to type the boot flag "PCIRootUID=1" to boot
- There is no sound whatsoever I have tried playing some music that I know plays and there is no sound coming out of any audio jack
- Video signal is only coming through VGA and I am going to buy a monitor that has only HDMI and I also want the higher resolution that come with HDMI is there like a setting to enable HDMI?
- The wifi is not working. I realize that you have to enable something but could you post the links on how to do so because I am upstairs with my hackintosh and my router is downstairs I do not want to have to run Ethernet upstairs and I also bought the wifi card that is compatible for this reason.

If you could help answer one or all of these questions on how to enable or get them working, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Yay okay I now have the hackintosh booting without the USB drive plugged in. But there is still some problems please help if you can with getting them working.
- I still have to type the boot flag "PCIRootUID=1" to boot
You'll need to enter this in the
org.chameleon.boot.plist. At the root of the HD in the extra folder. Here's what it will look like.

TRS 2015-01-06 at 9.04.18 PM.jpg Your extra folder won't have the tonymac logo on it. You need to add
the string and it should be copied exactly like this: (don't add the theme or timeout shown here.) Use
only the PciRoot key and the 1 string, just those two lines.

TRS 2015-01-06 at 9.08.39 PM.jpg
Lower case letters must be lower case etc. Then save the text file.

There is no sound whatsoever I have tried playing some music that I know plays and there is no sound coming out of any audio jack
Are you certain you have the H97-D3H and not H97M-D3H model ?
Video signal is only coming through VGA and I am going to buy a monitor that has only HDMI and I also want the higher resolution that come with HDMI is there like a setting to enable HDMI?
VGA is not supported at all by OS X. Do you have a DVI cable you can use ? HDMI we can get working later.

The wifi is not working. I realize that you have to enable something but could you post the links on how to do so because I am upstairs with my hackintosh and my router is downstairs I do not want to have to run Ethernet upstairs and I also bought the wifi card that is compatible for this reason.

It's better to set up Ethernet first anyway as that should be En0 instead of the wifi. Just plug an
ethernet cable in and connect that way first. I know it's more work to move the PC but that should
be the order you connect first.

You'll need to enter this in the
org.chameleon.boot.plist. At the root of the HD in the extra folder.
I followed what you said and now I don't have to type in the boot flag. Thank you.

you certain you have the H97-D3H and not H97M-D3H model?
Yes. I am positively sure. I just rechecked my order and the model number on the box and the model is the H97-D3H model
IMG_7558.jpg
VGA is not supported at all by OS X. Do you have a DVI cable you can use ? HDMI we can get working later.
I do not. I have a DVI cable that came with an old dell computer but I have no monitor with the input:roll2:. I am just wondering is this what is causing a lot of lines to continually go up the screen really fast (they're not like on an old fashion tv, they are somewhat transparent and move up the windows that I have open ex. google chrome that I have open right now is doing this.)

It's better to set up Ethernet first anyway as that should be En0 instead of the wifi.
Okay I am using ethernet right now until the wifi gets fixed.

Thanks for replying to all of my questions so far.

So Now that Yosemite is installed and booting properly you'll want to post in the audio
forum http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/ to get that working. For the monitor connection
issues try: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/

Since you've installed the right audio kext, ALC 1150 you should have working audio
and HDMI video should also work via the HD4600 gfx. But they aren't for some unknown reason.

Before posting in either of these make sure to fully fill out your profile with all your hardware. Makes it easier for others to help you troubleshoot. Best of Luck. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back