Contribute
Register

Tried everything, but boot0 error doesn't go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H97-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790
Graphics
Onboard graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay so my build is,
Intel core i7-4790
Gigabyte H97-D3H motherboard
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram (2x8 GB)
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive

Before all of this the error I am getting is,
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error
Okay so I do understand that the boot0 error is from the hard drive being so big that its "advanced format" is in 4k mode or something like that, but trust me I've been reading about this error for 4 hours now and I kinda feel like a failure right now because I cant get my hackintosh to boot:thumbdown:. I'm starting to just think of loading windows on the computer so all the parts and money don't go to waist but I am really wanting this computer to work.

Okay so this is what I have tried: I have tried this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/65706-article-boot0-error-official-guide.html and this is how I am stuck right now,
IMG_7547[1].jpg it is in an infinite loop of this screen unless I press a key (like I did here). I have gotten this error every (I have cleared and re-partitioned the hard drive and reloaded Yosemite and repeated the steps in the link above 4 times) single time I have done this.

Note: The hackintosh also does not boot even if i have the USB drive plugged into the computer. Also I am not really planning on using another boot loader or getting other parts unless I absolutely have to.

This is very frustrating as it is my first build and as I have been on google all day
:problem:. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Okay so my build is,
Intel core i7-4790
Gigabyte H97-D3H motherboard
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram (2x8 GB)
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive

Note: The hackintosh also does not boot even if i have the USB drive plugged into the computer. Also I am not really planning on using another boot loader or getting other parts unless I absolutely have to.

This is very frustrating as it is my first build and as I have been on google all day
:problem:. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

If you can't even boot from the USB there are more corrections needed than just Boot0 error.
Everyone goes through these kinds of problems at first it's very frustrating at times and takes
a lot of patience to get through. Hardware you've listed is fully compatible so it can be made to
work normally, i.e. booting from the HDD.

Why don't you start by listing all the software and techniques you used to do the install and post
install. Looks like you are installing and configuring in some ways that are different from the install
guide here. Also post your bios changes you've made and the Multibeast choices too.

If you can't even boot from the USB there are more corrections needed than just Boot0 error.
Everyone goes through these kinds of problems at first it's very frustrating at times and takes
a lot of patience to get through. Hardware you've listed is fully compatible so it can be made to
work normally, i.e. booting from the HDD.

Why don't you start by listing all the software and techniques you used to do the install and post
install. Looks like you are installing and configuring in some ways that are different from the install
guide here. Also post your bios changes you've made and the Multibeast choices too.

Thank you so much for replying in such short notice! Also thank you I guess I will give it more time as like you said it should work normally because all the parts are compatible. Okay so I built the PC on Christmas as I got the parts for Christmas and I downloaded mavericks first but decided to change to Yosemite. I decided to change so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of updating and backing up everything. But okay I used unibeast to create the bootable USB. I followed every step to the last word on the Yosemite installation guide here on tonymacx86. I changed the bios in the following ways,
(Please if you can, tell me how to find the different options to disable if I couldn't find them and I need to disable them with my board)
- I disabled CPU VT-d
- I could NOT find CFG-Lock because I don't know where it is at in the bios if mine has it
- I could NOT find Secure boot mode because it either is not there or I also do not know where it is located
- I changed the OS from windows 8 to 'Other OS'

I changed nothing else in the bios except the date and time. For the install I followed the Yosemite install guide again to partition the HDD then start the Yosemite installer. After OS X started I moved Multibeast from the installer USB to the desktop and ran it. This is where I also had another problem. The problem was that every time I clicked on something on Multibeast, it lagged a lot and this came up :beachball: for about 10 minutes so every time I made a selection on Multibeast I had to wait approximately 10 minutes and this was frustrating because it took a while for every selection (it took about 1 hour and 1/2 to finish with multibeast). Luckily, I saved the Multibeast selections I made so I can just click on the saved file on a USB drive that I saved it on. These are my Multibeast selections I made please feel free to tell me if I need to change a selection.
IMG_7552[1].jpg Just wanted to say I clicked "PCI Root ID Fix" because I have to type PCIRootUID=1 when booting the installer I wanted to say this so you didn't think that I clicked it on accident.

The ethernet driver I didn't for sure know what to use so that one if you could steer me on the right direction for that it would be appreciated:D. Again thanks for the Reply and I hope that you see this to reply again as I had to go to bed last night and had to go to school today so I didn't have time to write back.

In the UEFI / Bios you'll need to have init display first set to IGFX if you didn't do that.
Also the Intel processor graphics needs to be set to enabled.

The majority of your problems are caused by choosing EasyBeast from Quickstart in
Multibeast. You should start over with a clean install and select DSDT free for your
GA-H97 motherboard when you run MBeast. Gigabyte boards also don't have disable
cfg-lock option. No need to look for that.

Give all these things a try and report back what happens.

In the UEFI / Bios you'll need to have init display first set to IGFX if you didn't do that.
Also the Intel processor graphics needs to be set to enabled.

The majority of your problems are caused by choosing EasyBeast from Quickstart in
Multibeast. You should start over with a clean install and select DSDT free for your
GA-H97 motherboard when you run MBeast. Gigabyte boards also don't have disable
cfg-lock option. No need to look for that.

Give all these things a try and report back what happens.
Again thanks for responding. Okay so I did all of the above with doing a full clean install of Yosemite but the only thing that I didn't do was do the DSDT free install because I'm kind of confused with what that is? Could you explain it to me and how to do a DSDT free install with Multibeast or post a guide? If I don't have to do the DSDT free install I just used EasyBeast and am greeted once again with the boot0 error. Should I follow the steps in the boot0 guide and see what happens? Or should I do another clean install of Yosemite and follow how to install with DSDT free installation?

Just wanted to say I just received the same message after following the boot0 guide again. So can you explain how to use DSDT free or what to do?

Just wanted to say I just received the same message after following the boot0 guide again. So can you explain how to use DSDT free or what to do?

Have a look over Storks general Yosemite installation guide to see if it helps.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...i-using-hd4600-chimera-multibeast-method.html

From the "Quick Start" menu option, you select 'DSDT Free'. Make sure that you use the Drivers > Misc > 'EvOreboot' setting

You will need to use the ethernet and audio options that your hardware requires and these may be different.

Sure, at the quickstart tab in MB you just click on the DSDT free option. Then under drivers select your
audio and networking kexts which are specific to your board. Look them up first. TRS 2015-01-06 at 6.03.32 PM.jpg
Then click on build and install. Reboot from the HDD and see if it works. If you get Boot0
Use the UB USB and use terminal from the drop down menu on top after you've unmounted
the drive you're installing to first. Make sure you select the install drive which should be disk0
if it's connected to Sata port 0.

Then under drivers select your
audio and networking kexts which are specific to your board. Look them up first.

Make sure you select the install drive which should be disk0
if it's connected to Sata port 0.
I have tried looking up the network kext but I don't know what to use because I haven't found anything anywhere could you possibly help me on this?

Do you mean that when I use the code on the boot0 guide that I type disk0s2 ? Because I have checked and that is the correct port. I am just making sure that this is what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back