Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey there...
purchased a 128gb SSD... currently have a newly installed lion setup which was an upgrade from SL...I have about 320gb on this disk that I booted from.

What is the easiest/safest way to transition to an SSD. Place all my regular files (eg movies, music, documents etc to a differented HD) then carbon copy the bootable disk with apps to the SSD?

thanks

you got it. Don't forget to install Chimera to the SSD after cloning - CCC won't copy the boot files.

Is there a reason why CCC won't copy the boot loader? Does it copy the Multibeast stuff over? I am looking to do a similar thing, thanks!

BThresher said:
Is there a reason why CCC won't copy the boot loader? Does it copy the Multibeast stuff over? I am looking to do a similar thing, thanks!
CCC clones everything in the root of the HD. It does not copy the boot files from the MBR of the HD (boot0) or the MBR of the partition (boot1h). These 2 files must be instaled either before or after cloning.

Oh ok, so all that needs reinstalling is the bootloader then?

Yes I confirm, you need to reinstall Chimera. If you want to migrate all the system you need tools like Paragon HD manager or Acronis, but this are not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back