CPU
Intel 3570k
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey I have been running triple boot for a while 10.9/Windows 7/Ubuntu off a single hdd partitioned for a while now and it has been fine. But I finally got another hard drive so my question is how can i transfer the windows boot to my new hdd where I can still use chimera/chameleon bootloader. Right now I have windows 7 ultimate and i already tried googling it but i dont think most of those websites are reffering to hackintosh systems. If anything can someone point me to a thread or something

Hey I have been running triple boot for a while 10.9/Windows 7/Ubuntu off a single hdd partitioned for a while now and it has been fine. But I finally got another hard drive so my question is how can i transfer the windows boot to my new hdd where I can still use chimera/chameleon bootloader. Right now I have windows 7 ultimate and i already tried googling it but i dont think most of those websites are reffering to hackintosh systems. If anything can someone point me to a thread or something

First thing, if you haven't already done it, backup Win7. See
Second, create a system repair disk in case you need to repair the boot sector. See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html
Third, boot Win7 and, using the disk management tool, shrink your Win7 partition to one smaller than your SSD capacity
Four, create a Win7 disk image with the Win7 backup software and burn it to a DVD.
Five, boot with the system repair disc and restore image on the DVD to the SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back