i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Lenovo L440 laptop and changed the trackpad to the T450s version with physical buttons. For some reason, the Trackpad preference pane is not detecting it. I have tried various VoodooPS2Controller kexts as well as VoodooSMBus/VoodooRMI. The trackpad is Synaptics brand.

At first I thought it might be battery related but I looked into battery patching and the DSDT does not require any patching since the EmbeddedControl does not have any bits higher than 8. With just the SMCBatteryManager, the Battery indicator seems to function correctly.

When I pair Apple Trackpad via Bluetooth, the preferences instantly shows all the gesture features. I am running the latest OpenCore version.

Any ideas on how I can get the Trackpad preferences to detect the trackpad?

What version of trackpad do you have?

I installed a Synaptics one today and sadly, I'm back in the same boat as before. Trackpad is not getting detected anymore. Time to continue troubleshooting again.

Synaptics touchpad is now fully functioning. I am using VooodRMI/SMBus. The last post in this thread has the modified files and instructions:

1Revenger1 had to come up with a different method of getting it to work. My laptop had the PDT error when Trackpad was trying to initialize at startup.

Last edited:
There should be a release binary with all of these changes coming Jan 4th (first monday of January), all of the relevant code got merged into VoodooRMI/VoodooPS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back