Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I tried not to post here because I know there's a lot of information already.

I was able to install El Capitan on my laptop, Acer VN7-591G-729V.

So far the only I ran into is the trackpad not working. The device is listed as the following on Acer's website:
[TR="class: alternate, bgcolor: #E9F4E6"]
TouchPad Synaptics Touchpad Driver

I know, very helpful.

So I followed the instructions for installing that here. Unfortunately, that did not do the trick. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

So, I tried not to post here because I know there's a lot of information already.

I was able to install El Capitan on my laptop, Acer VN7-591G-729V.

So far the only I ran into is the trackpad not working. The device is listed as the following on Acer's website:
[TR="class: alternate, bgcolor: #E9F4E6"]
TouchPad Synaptics Touchpad Driver

I know, very helpful.

So I followed the instructions for installing that here. Unfortunately, that did not do the trick. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Your trackpad may not be PS2.

Well damn. I remember reading somewhere that it's USB. Is there anything that is compatible? I tried the other suggestion, Elan, to no avail.

Well damn. I remember reading somewhere that it's USB. Is there anything that is compatible? I tried the other suggestion, Elan, to no avail.

If it is USB, first step would be to make sure it is showing on the USB bus...

Look in ioreg for it.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 9.17.50 AM.png

If I am looking in the right place, this is a list of my USB ports. There are 3 external ones, so I guess it's not listed.

View attachment 160988

If I am looking in the right place, this is a list of my USB ports. There are 3 external ones, so I guess it's not listed.

Not really the right place... Look under EHC1/EHC2/XHC nodes.

The only thing I saw that is an input device is the "Razer DeathAdder Chroma".

Some newer trackpads are I2C, which is pretty much unsupported ATM.

He's everything expanded

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 9.30.07 AM.png

Nothing looks to be an obvious input device besides, as you said, the Razer mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back