CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I am having issues trying to get the Synaptics trackpad to fully work on my HP Probook 4530s laptop running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. Basically, after I installed MacOS and then installed the kexts and other files from Rehabman's probook project from GitHub, I noticed that the trackpad was not functioning at all. (I don't remember if it was functioning before as I was using a USB mouse at the time I installed the OS). Gestures, trackpad left/right buttons and the pad itself were not functional except if I hit the trackpad a few times, it could register a click but that's about it.

Followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Config:
HP Probook 4530s (with i7-2760qm with HD 3000 @ 1366x768)
MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (fresh install)
Clover build 4398

I first followed these instructions but was unable to figure out where the Trackpad-Info.plist
file was... I then tried to see what would happen without doing that step (did not work, which I guess is expected since I couldn't complete all of the steps): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

I then followed these instructions and it appears that the trackpad partially works (can move the cursor and use the left/right buttons but most gestures don't seem to work at all except one gesture which is apparently the Command+Tab key combo for switching programs or similar to Alt+Tab in Windows): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-fix-synaptics-on-sierra-10-12-x.227706/

Note: I just tried the EC reset method but that seems to have no effect. Also, I should specify that the shortcut gestures do not work except for the command+tab one. The gestures to scroll up or down or sideways and the ability to zoom using the trackpad gestures appear to work fine though a bit "unstable".

2nd Note: Also, not sure if I should open up another thread but also experiencing another issue though it's related to this issue (when I removed some files per the instructions when trying to fix my trackpad...) The keyboard hotkeys/function keys appear to have been inverted. So instead when I hit the function key, it will behave as a function key instead of the shortcut keys like Increase or Decrease Brightness/Volume. I went into my keyboard system settings but could not find any option to revert/invert the functionality of the function keys... Hopefully, there is a simple solution to this.

Thanks for your hard work and help guys!

Attachments

• debug_4800.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hello,

I am having issues trying to get the Synaptics trackpad to fully work on my HP Probook 4530s laptop running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. Basically, after I installed MacOS and then installed the kexts and other files from Rehabman's probook project from GitHub, I noticed that the trackpad was not functioning at all. (I don't remember if it was functioning before as I was using a USB mouse at the time I installed the OS). Gestures, trackpad left/right buttons and the pad itself were not functional except if I hit the trackpad a few times, it could register a click but that's about it.

Followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Config:
HP Probook 4530s (with i7-2760qm with HD 3000 @ 1366x768)
MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (fresh install)
Clover build 4398

I first followed these instructions but was unable to figure out where the Trackpad-Info.plist
file was... I then tried to see what would happen without doing that step (did not work, which I guess is expected since I couldn't complete all of the steps): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

I then followed these instructions and it appears that the trackpad partially works (can move the cursor and use the left/right buttons but most gestures don't seem to work at all except one gesture which is apparently the Command+Tab key combo for switching programs or similar to Alt+Tab in Windows): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-fix-synaptics-on-sierra-10-12-x.227706/

Note: I just tried the EC reset method but that seems to have no effect. Also, I should specify that the shortcut gestures do not work except for the command+tab one. The gestures to scroll up or down or sideways and the ability to zoom using the trackpad gestures appear to work fine though a bit "unstable".

2nd Note: Also, not sure if I should open up another thread but also experiencing another issue though it's related to this issue (when I removed some files per the instructions when trying to fix my trackpad...) The keyboard hotkeys/function keys appear to have been inverted. So instead when I hit the function key, it will behave as a function key instead of the shortcut keys like Increase or Decrease Brightness/Volume. I went into my keyboard system settings but could not find any option to revert/invert the functionality of the function keys... Hopefully, there is a simple solution to this.

Thanks for your hard work and help guys!

Three finger gestures (swipes) must be configured.
It is covered in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

You should not be messing with the Info.plist for the kext.

Three finger gestures (swipes) must be configured.
It is covered in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

You should not be messing with the Info.plist for the kext.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for info. After going back and rereading that part in the guide, I take it that we have to do this method of assigning shortcuts with the swipes instead of simply doing the check boxes under the More Gestures tab under the Trackpad settings (not that it's a problem or anything but interesting that the More Gestures tab in Trackpad settings isn't being utilized unless I might be missing something here).

I suppose the swipe shortcuts is not all worth it since it is a small trackpad anyway so would be difficult to use multi finger swipes on it.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this deserves a thread of it's own but I was wondering if you know how I can simply fix the inverting function keys? As mentioned in my previous post above: "The keyboard hotkeys/function keys appear to have been inverted. So instead when I hit the function key, it will behave as a function key instead of the shortcut keys like Increase or Decrease Brightness/Volume. I went into my keyboard system settings but could not find any option to revert/invert the functionality of the function keys...", I am wondering if there is some simple way to revert back to the way where I can easily just push the keys without holding the Fn key to change volume or brightness.

Thanks again!

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for info. After going back and rereading that part in the guide, I take it that we have to do this method of assigning shortcuts with the swipes instead of simply doing the check boxes under the More Gestures tab under the Trackpad settings (not that it's a problem or anything but interesting that the More Gestures tab in Trackpad settings isn't being utilized unless I might be missing something here).

I suppose the swipe shortcuts is not all worth it since it is a small trackpad anyway so would be difficult to use multi finger swipes on it.

The trackpad driver generates keystrokes for 3-finger swipes. You need to assign them to your desired function in SysPrefs.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this deserves a thread of it's own but I was wondering if you know how I can simply fix the inverting function keys? As mentioned in my previous post above: "The keyboard hotkeys/function keys appear to have been inverted. So instead when I hit the function key, it will behave as a function key instead of the shortcut keys like Increase or Decrease Brightness/Volume. I went into my keyboard system settings but could not find any option to revert/invert the functionality of the function keys...", I am wondering if there is some simple way to revert back to the way where I can easily just push the keys without holding the Fn key to change volume or brightness.

There used to be an option in SysPrefs->Keyboard, but it was removed by Apple.
I believe the same option can still be changed in Karabiner Elements, although I haven't tried it.

Ah I see. Thanks! I forgot about Karabiner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back