Contribute
Register

TP link TL-WN951n

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes - total bummer. i also go bit by this.. found this card very cheap ($15) and want to use it but i have the same issue.. wn951n which comes up perfect, but after a few clicks on safari, i get FREEZE... booting with cpus=1 works great, but thats not a real solution...

i think there is something wrong with the hw design... look at this post from freebsd dev that notices that this card will crash if PCI bus access is not serialized (i..e, smp access)

http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php? ... stcount=10

i wish there was a way to force the AirportAtheros21.kext driver to serialized bus access mode....

Work great on core 2 quad 8200 + asus P5K-VM + Snow leopard (OOB)

I believe the issue can be summarized like this:
most (if not all) AR5008 chipset, including TP-WN951N, will get Kernel Panics when using more than one cpu on Core i3, i5, or i7. This doesnt seem to be the case with prior cpu, i.e., Core2 series.

The only known workaround is to run kernel options cpus=1, which is not really a viable option for most folks.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

leitotango said:
Work great on core 2 quad 8200 + asus P5K-VM + Snow leopard (OOB)

thanks!

zerojj said:
I believe the issue can be summarized like this:
most (if not all) AR5008 chipset, including TP-WN951N, will get Kernel Panics when using more than one cpu on Core i3, i5, or i7. This doesnt seem to be the case with prior cpu, i.e., Core2 series.

The only known workaround is to run kernel options cpus=1, which is not really a viable option for most folks.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

yep, that sounds right

Hello guys !

Still no solution for this ?

I've been booting with cpu=1 but that's far from an ideal solution ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back