Contribute
Register

Tp link tl-wdn4800 - not oob compatible in mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUB]tried this ... still having an issue where I see the wifi icon but it never finds any networks? Any other solutions to this? Thanks![/SUB]

My TL-WDN4800 worked OOB but always has random connection drops. So I searched everywhere and almost tried everything until I finally got it. The solution is to turn off Wake-on-LAN in the Bios setting. That's it! And it worked 100% on my Mavericks build.

My TL-WDN4800 worked OOB but always has random connection drops. So I searched everywhere and almost tried everything until I finally got it. The solution is to turn off Wake-on-LAN in the Bios setting. That's it! And it worked 100% on my Mavericks build.

Okay i am using a Gigabyte z87x D3H. Where do i disable this feature in the BIOS settings? :confused:

I am using the Gigabyte UD4H model motherboard, so I am not sure if it will be the same for you, but I believe that I found this under the Power Management tab in the BIOS settings.

Remember to pull up BIOS with the Delete key at the splash screen, or hit F12 and select "Enter Setup."

Find the "Wake-on-LAN" option and select "Disable" from the drop down menu. Then save & exit and you should be good to go.

I am not actually at my computer at the moment, so I may be wrong about the exact specifics, but the idea is the same. If you are having trouble finding the option then check the other option tabs and don't forget to scroll on some screens to reveal more options if you cannot find it readily available.

Thank you again to soulp0wr for your discovery!

I am using the Gigabyte UD4H model motherboard, so I am not sure if it will be the same for you, but I believe that I found this under the Power Management tab in the BIOS settings.

Remember to pull up BIOS with the Delete key at the splash screen, or hit F12 and select "Enter Setup."

Find the "Wake-on-LAN" option and select "Disable" from the drop down menu. Then save & exit and you should be good to go.

I am not actually at my computer at the moment, so I may be wrong about the exact specifics, but the idea is the same. If you are having trouble finding the option then check the other option tabs and don't forget to scroll on some screens to reveal more options if you cannot find it readily available.

Thank you again to soulp0wr for your discovery!

Okay I finally fount it. It was located on one of the last Tabs in the BIOS Menu. I have seen improvemnts in the WIFI performance and also fewer drops however they still exist.

Getting kind of frustrating. How can I replace the Mavericks WIFI kext with the MTL one?
Anyway I wanted to say thank you for assisting me with my issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back