Contribute
Register

TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900 in Buyer's Guide December 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works with the built in macOS drivers. No 3rd party ones are needed.
Okay, but my question is about if it's recognized as a 3rd party device in OS X/macOS, or if it's recognized as something like a more native device such as an AirPort Extreme, etc.... It should say under System Profiler.

OK. Just for you, I fired up the computer that is using the T9E. It says, "Third Party Wireless Card." I never bother to look before because it works. :thumbup:

Now, if your next question is, "Does it support Airplay, etc.?" I don't know because I only use it for fast wireless networking.

I bought the AC1900 because I thought it was like 100% compatible, would have WiFi and BT and that you would be able to do AirDrop with it. Unfortunately, I trusted the post that stated this false information and the buyer's guide (!!) and now I'm without AirDrop.
I don't want to get a MacBook WiFi card with M.2 adapter, because:
1) It's probably not going to be as fast (the TP-Link is a great product, don't get me wrong.. Strong WiFi signal, fast speed and working reliably) because it has no antennas.
2) I can't return the TP-Link without having to pay for the shipping myself (not ordered from Amazon)
3) I would have to buy from eBay - no warranty...

Is it at least possible to e.g. plug in a PCIe Bluetooth card or something like that to get AirDrop functionality with the T9E?
I can send from my Hackintosh to my MBP and to my iPhone, but not vice versa. They simply don't see my Hackintosh.

Thank you in advance!

I bought the AC1900 because I thought it was like 100% compatible, would have WiFi and BT and that you would be able to do AirDrop with it. Unfortunately, I trusted the post that stated this false information and the buyer's guide (!!) and now I'm without AirDrop.

Please post a link to the post that claimed the Archer AC1900 provides BT. The Buyer's guide mentions nothing about it providing BT. If you read the Amazon listing there is nothing there about BT either. Not sure why you thought it would have Bluetooth.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back