Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision D
CPU
i9 10850K
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710
I hope this is the best place to post this.
I have a Dell S2240T touchscreen and it works oob like a mouse (point-click - no gestures except 2 fingers gets me mission control)
Ive checked the sys pref>keyboard>shortcuts - no options there.
So I believe I will need a type of kext to make gestures work.
I am aware of TouchBase and TouchDaw - Im not paying that money for gestures.
I am also aware of the efforts done for ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics touchpads. but mine is by Advanced Silicon.

(My sys spec.: 10.10.3, i5 2500k, z68, 8gb ram, gtx660)

monitor info:
Dell S2240T

from system info:
Composite Device:

Product ID: 0x2122
Vendor ID: 0x2149
Version: 13.31
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer:
Location ID: 0x1a120000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

OEM touch manufacture:
VID PID Manufacturer Description Controller Notes
2149 2122 Advanced Silicon CoolTouch(CTS122) Dell, S2240T, USB

any ideas?
thanks

Wacom has a 21.5 inch touch screen display, the Cinque, which uses the standard Wacom drivers to support touch. You can install the Wacom driver and try writing a simple kext that fakes the Wacom tablet driver into believing it's a tablet and just passes things back and forth between the driver and the S2240T. Or maybe just editing the vendor and device ids for your display would be enough to make it work.

Last edited:
whiskeynipple0088,

Did you make any progress on your touchscreen and gestures? I ask because I have a Dell 3148 with a Elan 10 point multi-touch screen. I can use 1 finger on the screen and it works just fine. I.e.: tapping, selecting, dragging. However, multi-touch does not work at all for me. I reached out to touch-base and they created a custom driver to handle my Elan device with the device and product ID"s. The drive associates with the device, and records input, however the gestures are not reflected on the screen.

Thanks
[pt]

pringlet,
I have not. and have yet to try the suggestion by Xeonmac as I have my computer setup differently at the moment and am not using my touch screen.
I too have only been using a single finger usage with it sofar and honestly I only need multi touch for when mixing audio so I have just done without so far.
If you make progress please report back though.
thanks
Whiskey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back