Contribute
Register

Touchpad will not run Interrupt Mode (Big Sur) (Lenovo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14-iwl (Model 81SQ0000US) (OpenCore)
CPU
i5 8265u (Cannonlake-LP, 300 series)
Graphics
Intel HD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all. I am completely defeated. I have a Lenovo Flex 14-iwl (VERY similar to S340/S540). (Hardware info in my profile)

I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could take a look at my hot patch code for my touchpad for me. It works, but only in polling mode, and I am trying to remedy that. I've spent HOURS and can sift through code and figure out things out usually, but am not a programmer.

From what I learned from the Voodooi2c logs, ioreg, etc, I should be using pin 0x50, but it cannot register that pin, and I don't understand why. I have attached my laptop's DSDT, my TPAD hot patch SSDT code, and the Voodooi2c log for good measure. Running Big Sur 11.4. I can get anything else that would help.

FYI The log info for TPXX & pertains to my touchpad. You can disregard ECSH & WCOM51C7. Those are HID Sensors & my touchscreen, respectively.

VERY grateful for anyone willing to help, I am beyond frustrated. Happy to buy a beer or cup of coffee for taking your time to help me fix this. Thank you so much.

UPDATE: I actually got it working and fixed it! Just a few minor edits, but more importantly, since I had tried everything possible code-wise, I decided to dedicate time to sifting through the entire advanced BIOS menu. I eventually found a setting "Force Unlock On All GPIO Pads" and it was disabled. I did some research and thought this had a very high chance of being the fix and changed it to enabled. The pin that shows up in IOreg and Windows didn't work so I just used one of the values I had generated when following the Pinning Guide, and VOILA! Interrupt Mode!

I have not seen one person mention this setting anywhere and I see tons of people with Lenovo laptops similar to mine that are stuck in Polling mode. I hope people see this and it helps them. I may not get back the hours upon hours I spent trying to fix it, but hey I am grateful I did. A big thank you to Alex for his hard work on Voodooi2c and the rest of the community for theirs.

Attachments

• Voodoo Log.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 85
  • SSDT-TPAD.aml
    939 bytes · Views: 62
  • DSDT.aml
    251.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hello all. I am completely defeated. I have a Lenovo Flex 14-iwl (VERY similar to S340/S540). (Hardware info in my profile)

I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could take a look at my hot patch code for my touchpad for me. It works, but only in polling mode, and I am trying to remedy that. I've spent HOURS and can sift through code and figure out things out usually, but am not a programmer.

From what I learned from the Voodooi2c logs, ioreg, etc, I should be using pin 0x50, but it cannot register that pin, and I don't understand why. I have attached my laptop's DSDT, my TPAD hot patch SSDT code, and the Voodooi2c log for good measure. Running Big Sur 11.4. I can get anything else that would help.

FYI The log info for TPXX & pertains to my touchpad. You can disregard ECSH & WCOM51C7. Those are HID Sensors & my touchscreen, respectively.

VERY grateful for anyone willing to help, I am beyond frustrated. Happy to buy a beer or cup of coffee for taking your time to help me fix this. Thank you so much.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, apologies for the oversight. Updated to follow the required specs stated in the Laptop FAQ Sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back