Contribute
Register

Touchpad brushing

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
Dirtybits said:
blueking said:
If you don't want it at all yeah. It's in /s/l/e/appleps2controller.kext/plugins/ an will be called trackpad or something. Delete it and repair permissions.

I did it and it still works. This touchpad is immortal

delete

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

and in ApplePS2Controller.kext/content/plugins/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext and also in there ApplePS2Mouse.kext

And it will be gone.

good news: trackpad does not work.
bad news: keyboard does not work either.

I thought that might happen lol.

Re run the installer and select the system files, and only delete the two inside appleps2.

Hey blueking I deleted mouse and trackpad kexts inside /s/l/e/appleps2controller.kext/plugins/ and trackpad still works :banghead:

I did it :D
For anyone who is interested in permanently disabling the touchpad:
First delete mouse and trackpad kexts inside /s/l/e/appleps2controller.kext/plugins/ (Propably this is not necessary).
Then navigate to /s/l/e/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. Edit info.plist file in its contents. Go to IOKitPersonalities>ACPIPS2NUB>IONameMatch and change Item 1 Value.(I did PNP030B to PNP030C). I think this is an identifier for the touchpad and the other one is for the keyboard. Repair permissions and reboot.

After the reboot I got a kernel panic (my first ever). I turned it off with the power button and then turned it on again. Keyboard and mouse work. Touchpad does not work. I can type again :lol:

After some reboots I am confident that my system is stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back