i5 7500
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been looking for a touch switch to turn on/off my hack
I have seen ersterhernd has used a MT0.2-ST-NR-N touch switch, but I don't feel like paying 40€ for a switch
There has to be a cheaper one
Anyone knows about some alternative or a way to accomplish this? :)
Thanks in advance

Hi teraflow, rumor has it that Edisen is setting up to accept credit card payment which will eliminate the exorbitant bank fees currently paid for wiring money.

This will hopefully reduce the total shipped cost down to about 35-40 US dollars.

ersterhernd: I have read your posts and read someone said that they are trying to implement credit card payment, but it's still overpriced, I know it's probably worth the price but I'm pretty sure there is a cheaper alternative (I don't mind if it's not as good as Edisen's)
Sasquatch00: having 3 dogs, 5 cats, 1 rabbit and 2 silly brothers I don't think that's a good alternative hahah :D

Anyway, I found this: http://www.ebay.es/itm/171012042353
I'm not sure it's gonna work, but I might give it a go

I've been looking for a touch switch to turn on/off my hack
I have seen ersterhernd has used a MT0.2-ST-NR-N touch switch, but I don't feel like paying 40€ for a switch
There has to be a cheaper one
Anyone knows about some alternative or a way to accomplish this? :)
Thanks in advance

Yes I used an "rKey 1.5" Capacitive Touch RK-150" by ROGUE robotics and a small relay on my scratch build: http://www.tonymacx86.com/others/89452-neilharts-scratch-build-case-2-a.html . This solution costs about $12 USD for the touch switch and about $5 for the relay. Works very well so I purchased two more sets of parts for future projects. I sourced the parts from Jameco Electronics but they are available from several suppliers.

neil

Thanks for the input neil :)
I have bought a Grove Touch Sensor, after googling a lot about it I read on some forum a user recommending it for the same use, so I will give it a go, if I fail I'll try with yours :thumbup:

The Grove Touch Sensor is very attractively priced. I am trying to locate a data sheet with any connection details, but have not found it yet. Do you have any installation instructions?

neil

I don't really have anything, besides some basic info
I know it's a long shot to get it working, but it's not a big loss, I only paid around 4€ for the sensor

I don't really have anything, besides some basic info
I know it's a long shot to get it working, but it's not a big loss, I only paid around 4€ for the sensor

Okay I understand. For some reason these devices are not documented. I have one and it does not operate on the bench. More reading and it appears that it is part of a "system" and if one had the supporting system it would work. However the system is not documented either that I could find.

Let me know if you get it to work.

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back