Contribute
Register

Total Noob - advice on easiest MB for Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
do I really need the i7 ?
That depends on what your wand to do with your machine.
For gaming a i7 is NOT necessary but if you want to do video editing or something similar then the extra Threads of an i7 are really helpful.

and what about when i take the same board but with the i5-7600 (without K) ?
You may need to flash the UEFI/BIOS to allow use of Kaby Lake CPU on Sky Lake board. Otherwise, OK with came caveat on the RAM.

You may need to flash the UEFI/BIOS to allow use of Kaby Lake CPU on Sky Lake board. Otherwise, OK with came caveat on the RAM.

ok that is clear with the bios update .

When i find the right RAM it should be fine ?

The newer boards are not supported yet (Z270) ?

ok that is clear with the bios update .

When i find the right RAM it should be fine ?

The newer boards are not supported yet (Z270) ?
Since I have no Z270 board to test, I could not say whether it will work or not. Logically, since it is only a refinement of the Z170/Skylake hardware, it should work as well or better, but until Apple actually uses it in one of their Macs, there is no guarantee it will ever be supported.

That depends on what your wand to do with your machine.
For gaming a i7 is NOT necessary but if you want to do video editing or something similar then the extra Threads of an i7 are really helpful.

I will do some video editing, but not very much, mostly it will be used to use web authoring software, run web server, mysql, have photoshop open, run lazarus/codethyphon plus lots of tabs in a browser (chrome which I know is memory hungry on the mac), plus email, libreoffice etc.

It's not so much that one particular program is memory intensive, I just happen to have lots of different programs open at the same time and it's not really an option to stop/start these as I'm swapping between each quite often.

I will do some video editing, but not very much, mostly it will be used to use web authoring software, run web server, mysql, have photoshop open, run lazarus/codethyphon plus lots of tabs in a browser (chrome which I know is memory hungry on the mac), plus email, libreoffice etc.

It's not so much that one particular program is memory intensive, I just happen to have lots of different programs open at the same time and it's not really an option to stop/start these as I'm swapping between each quite often.
Then a I7 might be the better choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back