Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I have been noticing problems with my build which consists of the following:

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
Intel i7 2600k
16GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 Ram

I am using the stock intel fan with Arctic Silver thermal paste which was just applied a few months ago when I put this build together.

Here is a copy of my GeekBench score (which is only 6145)

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1565561

So I dont even know where to start with this. Ram is low, CPU is low. RAM has XMP set on and set to Profile1 as it was only showing up as 1333 before I did that. This thing should be way over 10000, my 2011 Macbook Pro 13" with a dual core i7 is at 7634 so at this point it is running faster then my tower.

Please let me know if there is any other data I should provide, but I would sure love to see this thing running closer to some of the other 2600k's I have seen.

The 16 GB of RAM you have: is it 4x 4GB or 2x 8GB? If it's two modules, are they in the right slots to enable dual-channel access? Usually these are slots of the same colour (with a gap in between). Check the motherboard manual for details.

If you install the FakeSMC plugins and the HWMonitor app through MultiBeast it will show you the actual clock frequency your CPU is running at at any point in time (it will go up and down) as well as temperatures and fan speeds, and might give you another useful datapoint in diagnosing the issue.

It is 4x4GB chips on the RAM. I will install the hardware tools as well and check that out.

Are there any good tools to test memory as well?

Do have an SSDT? It seems like you may be not have an SSDT since your geekbench is about half of what you should be getting. Install one from the latest version of multibeast. It will be put into same folder as DSDT.

Ok I will do some SSDT research. I am not using a DSDT because I am running UEFI Bios on the mobo

Do have an SSDT? It seems like you may be not have an SSDT since your geekbench is about half of what you should be getting. Install one from the latest version of multibeast. It will be put into same folder as DSDT.

You sir just really helped this noob out. I installed the SSDT.... rebooted and watched the machine load twice as fast, re-ran Geekbench and ended up with 13786

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back