Probook 440 G4
CPU
i5
Graphics
Integrated
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I have recently resurrected an old laptop (Toshiba Satellite L655-S5069. h55 express chipset mobo) I had laying around. Upgraded the CPU to an I5-580M (Arrendale), SSD, 8GB of RAM. Currently it is just running Linux and I am happy with that, but...

Would like to attempt getting it loaded with MacOS. I have created a UniBeast High Sierra Legacy USB (from a macbookPro running Mojave 10.14.4), and am able to boot into clover on the laptop. When I try to start the installation process from external drive it just freezes (keyboard seems to freeze as well). Would go through Apple Logo then show the circle with line through it. Booting in verbose mode was able to get some more details. Images attached.

It seems that the last line before it happens is: "Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IO.....". Also seems like 1 more line does come up before it freezes, but I am not sure what it is as all the text goes wonky.

Any assistance would be appreciated :)

BTW never done a hackintosh before, so a complete noob :p . If it isn't possible I am happy just leaving the laptop as a Linux device

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190414-021707_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190414-021707_Video Player.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • Snapchat-1990530513.jpg
    Snapchat-1990530513.jpg
    891.9 KB · Views: 102
Hi All,

I have recently resurrected an old laptop (Toshiba Satellite L655-S5069. h55 express chipset mobo) I had laying around. Upgraded the CPU to an I5-580M (Arrendale), SSD, 8GB of RAM. Currently it is just running Linux and I am happy with that, but...

Would like to attempt getting it loaded with MacOS. I have created a UniBeast High Sierra Legacy USB (from a macbookPro running Mojave 10.14.4), and am able to boot into clover on the laptop. When I try to start the installation process from external drive it just freezes (keyboard seems to freeze as well). Would go through Apple Logo then show the circle with line through it. Booting in verbose mode was able to get some more details. Images attached.

It seems that the last line before it happens is: "Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IO.....". Also seems like 1 more line does come up before it freezes, but I am not sure what it is as all the text goes wonky.

Any assistance would be appreciated :)

BTW never done a hackintosh before, so a complete noob :p . If it isn't possible I am happy just leaving the laptop as a Linux device

Thank you.
still waiting for root device

usb issue, make sure to use a USB2.0 stick, and try all the ports

Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:

Link to laptop guide:

Ahh well the laptop only has 2x USB2.0, so I though using a USB 3.0 USB would be fine. I don't think I have any 2.0's that are large enough for this then :(

Thanks! I didn't even run across those 2 threads during my researching.

Link to laptop guide:

Was able to find a 16GB USB 2.0 device & it seems like it's still having issues getting to the MacOS installer. Tried all available USB slots.

Do you think trying El Cap or Yosemite would work following the InsanelyMac 1st Gen guide? Then if it does is it possible to upgrade to High Sierra/Mojave?

Thank you

Was able to get the laptop to boot to MacOS High Sierra installer!!! (Had to use Linux to edit the config.plist and add the InjectAllUSB.kext file. That was fun with a HFS+ partitioned USB lol. Don't have friends Macbook right now). Now just don't have keyboard or trackpad at the installation screen.

Was able to get the laptop to boot to MacOS High Sierra installer!!! (Had to use Linux to edit the config.plist and add the InjectAllUSB.kext file. That was fun with a HFS+ partitioned USB lol. Don't have friends Macbook right now). Now just don't have keyboard or trackpad at the installation screen.

Latest edit had to grab a USB hub & plug-in mouse/keyboard into it. Since laptop only has 1 more available USB... :( Lets see what happens :)

Swear I had tried the InjectAllUSB.kext before and wasn't successful. Guess just needed to edit those files in Linux lol.

Was able to successfully install Mac OS High Sierra onto the laptop after figuring out the USB issue & using an external USB hub with Keyboard/Mouse. Now it's time to start configuring it to make it all properly work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back