Contribute
Register

Toshiba Satellite L50-A01Q - Will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

I'm after abit of advice, I run a hackintosh at home and really enjoy it, I am after a new laptop for school and my two problems are 1. I don't like Windows 8 and 2. for the power I want a MacBook Pro is a bit out of my price range so I'm looking at hackintoshing a Toshiba Satellite L50-A01Q, will it work?

Some specs are
- Intel Core i7 4700MQ
- 8GB 1600MHz Ram
- Nvidia GeForce GT 740M 2GB With Optimus + Intel HD Graphics 4600

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/l50/psklna-01q00j/overview

Any help will be extremely appreciated

Hi All

I'm after abit of advice, I run a hackintosh at home and really enjoy it, I am after a new laptop for school and my two problems are 1. I don't like Windows 8 and 2. for the power I want a MacBook Pro is a bit out of my price range so I'm looking at hackintoshing a Toshiba Satellite L50-A01Q, will it work?

Some specs are
- Intel Core i7 4700MQ
- 8GB 1600MHz Ram
- Nvidia GeForce GT 740M 2GB With Optimus + Intel HD Graphics 4600

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite/l50/psklna-01q00j/overview

Any help will be extremely appreciated

http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

So the GPU won't work... That sucks :(
i have an toshiba A505-s6005 running mavericks although the wifi doesn't work and i can't get the power management to work properly however i do have full CI/QE working on the intel hd its a first gen i3 and it took a bit of work to get the graphics to work but it does you could probably get your machine to work but you will more than likely run into some of the same issues except you will have better luck with the graphics as yours will more than limey work natively but the nvidia isn't going to work for you since the real macs use a special swiching mechanism that pc just don't have

i have an toshiba A505-s6005 running mavericks although the wifi doesn't work and i can't get the power management to work properly however i do have full CI/QE working on the intel hd its a first gen i3 and it took a bit of work to get the graphics to work but it does you could probably get your machine to work but you will more than likely run into some of the same issues except you will have better luck with the graphics as yours will more than limey work natively but the nvidia isn't going to work for you since the real macs use a special swiching mechanism that pc just don't have

I can deal with WiFI not working. Power Management is a bit of biggy because I want the 3.5GHz Turbo, have you tried "Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" in Multibeast that's how I got mine working. So my two options are now downgrade the Laptop to Win7 or buy a Mac.

I can deal with WiFI not working. Power Management is a bit of biggy because I want the 3.5GHz Turbo, have you tried "Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" in Multibeast that's how I got mine working. So my two options are now downgrade the Laptop to Win7 or buy a Mac.

Haswell PM, implemented correctly, does not involve patched AICPUPM as it does not load with a correct mach_kernel in a Haswell configuration.

So Haswell/that laptop will turbo to 3.4ghz?

With properly configured PM, turbo should work. What states you get may vary depending on what your system is doing, what exact CPU you have, and how many cores are active. See Intel specs for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back