Nvidia GeForce 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Howdy everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 (PSAF3A-08P01N) laptop that I have installed OSX 10.6.6 (with Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2) on for the purposes of "testing the waters" with iPhone development. I was considering purchasing a Mac Mini (with an Intel CPU), but the lowest price is approximately $500 AUD for a second hand previous generation model. Normally, I would be happy to spend this amount but because there is uncertainty with how successful my iPhone applications will be, I would ideally like to spend as little as possible and only purchase what is necessary (such as the retail DVD for Snow Leopard).

The laptop specifications are as follows (alphabetically):

Audio: Realtek ALC268
Chipset: Intel GM965 (Intel GMA X3100)
Hard Disk: Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 160GB 5400RPM SATA
Memory: 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz 5-5-5-15
Network (Ethernet): Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E
Network (Wireless): Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG
Optical Disk: Toshiba Samsung TS-L632D SATA
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 1.83GHz
Southbridge: Intel ICH8-ME
USB Controller: Intel 82801HBM
Webcam: Chicony USB 2.0 Camera

Initially, I used iBoot to install OSX 10.6.3 and OSX 10.6.6. EasyBeast was used within MultiBeast, however, after rebooting various functions became disabled (audio, touchpad, etc). I tried installing various kexts to no avail, so I decided to start the whole process again. Currently, OSX 10.6.6 is is installed and I have not used MultiBeast but rather use iBoot all the time (which is obviously inconvenient). Although the basic functions are enabled (audio, touchpad, USB, and video), there are many functions that are disabled (ethernet, sleep modes, and wireless), and other functions I don't know how to test (battery, CPU power states, and webcam).

I was hoping that you gurus might be able to point me in the right direction in regards to achieving a fully functional (or close to) OSX 10.6.6 installation (without requiring iBoot) on this laptop. If I'm asking the impossible, then let me know and I'll reassess a Mac Mini purchase. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Nobody has any thoughts on this? I'm curious to know why iBoot enables certain functionality, but once iBoot is taken away that functionality cannot be restored even through the use of various kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back