HD 4600 / HD 7750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[Solved]Toshiba Radius 8 ser. i7-4510u Wake Trouble w/ BT,Wifi,Display and PS2

Wake trouble has began since installation in 10.10. Machine and all peripherals will sleep and wake successfully as many as 3 or more times, but usually if more than an hour the devices crash, not always. I have tried updating kexts and making sure there were not similar kexts conflicting, I have disabled hibernation mode, tried implementing FakePCIID_XHCIMux kext but still have the issue.

There are some interesting bios options like high power charge usb and power on with lid but have tried quite a few combinations with those as well. One thing I have not done was to apply the remove lid _pwr patch as that would make lidwake option disappear.
Will do if needed but trying to avoid.

Wake trouble has began since installation in 10.10. Machine and all peripherals will sleep and wake successfully as many as 3 or more times, but usually if more than an hour the devices crash, not always. I have tried updating kexts and making sure there were not similar kexts conflicting, I have disabled hibernation mode, tried implementing FakePCIID_XHCIMux kext but still have the issue.

There are some interesting bios options like high power charge usb and power on with lid but have tried quite a few combinations with those as well. One thing I have not done was to apply the remove lid _pwr patch as that would make lidwake option disappear.
Will do if needed but trying to avoid.

You'll need to provide details.

Side note new clover configurator corrupts the config.plist.. will probably have to look into new habits. Loaded it up and the sort order was missing. re-adding caused boot failure.

I saw that with sort order on the plist, the clover boot log did not show in that order anyway

Attachments

• Lysander’s MacBook Pro.zip
    528.9 KB · Views: 64
  • CLOVER.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 69
Side note new clover configurator corrupts the config.plist.. will probably have to look into new habits. Loaded it up and the sort order was missing. re-adding caused boot failure.

I saw that with sort order on the plist, the clover boot log did not show in that order anyway

Your config.plist does not specify config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder

Your config.plist does not specify config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder

Okay, have it back. The updated file here.

Saw the boot log and they loaded in order this time too. Will test if it helps the issue.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 192
Okay, have it back. The updated file here.

The SortedOrder you have here looks fine assuming the SSDTs you want to load are SSDT-1.aml through SSDT-7.aml (and no more).

Typically, you have SSDT.aml in that list as it is generally the file generated from ssdtPRgen.sh.

Whatever guide I used, I thought had said to add the pm ssdt to load last so that is the ssdt-7. Is it best that way or to have the pm ssdt load first?

Whatever guide I used, I thought had said to add the pm ssdt to load last so that is the ssdt-7. Is it best that way or to have the pm ssdt load first?

It doesn't matter when it loads as it is not order dependent on other SSDTs.

But to avoid confusion it is best to name it such that is not to be confused with patched OEM SSDTs.

Had the issue remaining after making sure the ssdts loaded in the sorted order. Machine was losing the wifi and the tap function of the trackpad with a short sleep. Now testing after sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage. Because maybe that file had some corruption?

Tested three short sleeps after deleting the sleepimage and woke ok without losing any peripheral function. Will now test for longer periods.

Had the issue remaining after making sure the ssdts loaded in the sorted order. Machine was losing the wifi and the tap function of the trackpad with a short sleep. Now testing after sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage. Because maybe that file had some corruption?

Tested three short sleeps after deleting the sleepimage and woke ok without losing any peripheral function. Will now test for longer periods.

I always disable hibernation:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Creating a directory named 'sleepimage' seems to keep the system from re-enabling hibernation during system updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back