Contribute
Register

Toshiba Portege Z20t-B-10C make sense try install MacOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Ultra Gigabyte SLI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
i just want to ask if there is change that Mac OS would work on Toshiba Portege Z20t-B-10C?
Working - i mean - all most important thing - 3D graphics, sound and Wifi.

Specs for similar model, i have better one with bigger SSD and 8 GB ram:
https://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-portege-z20t/specs/

My model name:
TOSHIBA Portege Z20T-B-10C

If yes which Mac OS version is best for this HW?

Hello,
i just want to ask if there is change that Mac OS would work on Toshiba Portege Z20t-B-10C?
Working - i mean - all most important thing - 3D graphics, sound and Wifi.

Specs for similar model, i have better one with bigger SSD and 8 GB ram:
https://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-portege-z20t/specs/

My model name:
TOSHIBA Portege Z20T-B-10C

If yes which Mac OS version is best for this HW?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Thanks is lots of cross linked walls of text, i you already read it, you could answer me..

But ok, why not waste some time and try to reinvent a wheel... hmm, its not working, i still have a questions:
1) Its BCM94352HMB still best Wifi choice?
2) Where i check is my notebook has or hasnt whitelisted bios- is there some DB, i googled it, for my model
but i didnt find nothing.
3) Still not Intel Wifi support?
4) Its info about Broadwell graphics support in early stage, still actual? As far i know some Mac books already using Core M CPUs.

1) Its BCM94352HMB still best Wifi choice?

One of the best. Of course, your WiFi card may be M.2-2230 (NGFF). You should check.
There are others with better compatibility, but often require installation of different antennas... Of course that depends on which card is already installed in your laptop and which antennas it uses.

2) Where i check is my notebook has or hasnt whitelisted bios- is there some DB, i googled it, for my model
but i didnt find nothing.

You will find out when you install the new WiFi hardware.

3) Still not Intel Wifi support?

Correct. Apple doesn't use that WiFi hardware.

4) Its info about Broadwell graphics support in early stage, still actual? As far i know some Mac books already using Core M CPUs.

Broadwell is mostly supported, provided you set DVMT-prealloc as required by the Apple drivers.

Video:
Broadwell is mostly supported, provided you set DVMT-prealloc as required by the Apple drivers.
I dont have DVMT-prealloc settings in my UEFI / BIOS does it mean that video acceleration will not work?

One of the best. Of course, your WiFi card may be M.2-2230 (NGFF). You should check.
There are others with better compatibility, but often require installation of different antennas... Of course that depends on which card is already installed in your laptop and which antennas it uses.
I have now - Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 , so what is the best choice of wifi?

I dont have DVMT-prealloc settings in my UEFI / BIOS does it mean that video acceleration will not work?

There might be other ways you can set it.
Or you will need to try the minStolenSize patch.
Read the FAQ.

I have now - Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 , so what is the best choice of wifi?

Intel WiFi not supported. Read the FAQ.

I know that my Intel is not supported, that why im asking, what is best wifi card to try..

I know that my Intel is not supported, that why im asking, what is best wifi card to try..

Your question is answered in the FAQ.
Please read it.

Your question is answered in the FAQ.
Please read it.
In FAQ is nothing like best recommended card, there is quite big list of somehow working cards..

In FAQ is nothing like best recommended card, there is quite big list of somehow working cards..

The most commonly used card around here is BCM94352Z or BCM94252HMB depending on the form factor required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back