Motherboard
Toshiba Portege R835
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So Ive been able to install lion on this laptop with the help of archintosh. He patched my DSDT.aml and I am now able to get full QE/CI. THe problem is that I only get output through the HDMI port on the laptop, yet the laptop internal display has a black screen. There is nothing wrong with the laptop internal display because bios and the bootloader shows up fine on the laptop screen; then the internal displays blacks out after the grey apple logo and output is only on external display.

Have you set your SMBIOS to MacBook Pro 8,1?

I have the same problem, my Asus n73sv sends video output to vga and works fine but the laptop screen is black and system info gives main screen as laptop with full QE/CI

Hi kerrutt92, i sent you a PM regarding this laptop and OSX, do you think you could help me out? Thanks...

I have this laptop but haven't tried installing yet since I don't have a spare hard drive at the moment and don't want to wipe the internal one. If anybody has any luck with this laptop, please let us know.

Ok so I successfully installed 10.6.0 and so far with no patches:
Webcam, ethernet are working OOB
HD3000 has no qe/ci, 1024x768 resolution only
Audio is very crackly and garbled

Installing Multibeast with a patched DSDT I found causes KP with message about CPU being unsupported. Weird because I can install and boot up fine with no errors, no need for safe mode or anything.

I've been trying to install Lion from a USB stick but keep getting stuck at "DSMOS has arrived".

Currently updating to 10.6.8, will see if that fixes anything or breaks things more...

Hi all,

I have the R840 model, which has the NVidia 6450m graphics card. Like many other users, I'm still unable to have full qe/ci with my internal display, only working with VGA and HDMI.

I could comment what is working at this moment in my laptop.
- Internal display with VESA 1024x768
- Audio with VoodooHDA
- USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Battery meter
- Wireless network

The most annoying problems are not having full qe/ci, sleep not working and alps touchpad only recognized as simple ps2 mouse.

Any questions and comments will be appreciated.
Der Tachyon

I just got the same laptop. Any luck with graphics? I'm still having issues with reboots just after the kexts load. Have you tried edits to the connector table?

Still no luck with the graphics. I tried modifying the connector table and no luck.
Maybe we can try to enable the HD3000 gpu in the sandy bridge processor and use it for Snow Leopard.

Cheers,
Tachyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back