Core i7 7700K
Graphics
Dual GTX 680 SLI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I made a OS Sierra usb installer with the newest unibeast, and included FakePCIID for the intel HD graphics, and FakePCIID, and then used the plist for the intel HD 4600 that was linked in the clover laptop uefi guide. it installed ok but when it boots when it goes to show login screen, it is garbled and i cannot see. However i can use it on a external monitor via HDMI.

Specs:

Toshiba p55T
intel core i7 4710hq
12GB DDR3
Intel HD 4600 + Radeon R9 M265x
4k display 3840 x 2160.

Any thoughts ? any changes i have to make to my laptop? using the MacbookPro11,1 SMBIOS as per the hd4600 config.plist. I got the laptop to install OSX fine but i used a generic config and no fakepci id when it booted to the install there was correct resolution, but no acceleration, system info showed hd 4600 graphics 30mb

Anyone? I even tried making a El Capitan installer and still get the same garbled screen, and when it goes to turn off the display, if i wake it back up the laptops panel goes black.

Moved to Sierra Laptop Support.

I made a OS Sierra usb installer with the newest unibeast, and included FakePCIID for the intel HD graphics, and FakePCIID, and then used the plist for the intel HD 4600 that was linked in the clover laptop uefi guide. it installed ok but when it boots when it goes to show login screen, it is garbled and i cannot see. However i can use it on a external monitor via HDMI.

Specs:

Toshiba p55T
intel core i7 4710hq
12GB DDR3
Intel HD 4600 + Radeon R9 M265x
4k display 3840 x 2160.

Any thoughts ? any changes i have to make to my laptop? using the MacbookPro11,1 SMBIOS as per the hd4600 config.plist. I got the laptop to install OSX fine but i used a generic config and no fakepci id when it booted to the install there was correct resolution, but no acceleration, system info showed hd 4600 graphics 30mb

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

i've done all that but i cannot change my DVMT memory. Do i have to use the UEFI shell method to change it?

i've done all that but i cannot change my DVMT memory. Do i have to use the UEFI shell method to change it?

Your profile does not indicate you have a Toshiba (it indicates ProBook 840 G1).
The ProBook has a setting for DVMT-prealloc directly in BIOS, so no need to use the special UEFI shell.

I am not asking about a probook 840 g1 didn't you see the thread title? updated profile to match the machine I am having trouble with

I am not asking about a probook 840 g1 didn't you see the thread title? updated profile to match the machine I am having trouble with

Profile must always reflect the hardware you're asking for help with.
Your profile does not indicate screen resolution. Please fix.

With 4k, you will need to find a way to set DVMT-prealloc.

of course. Your machine is look like my machine. I have Toshiba P55t-B5340 with 4k display. I use UEFI Shell to change my dvmt (change to 128mb). all work well except ALC 284 (mic not work only speaker)

of course. Your machine is look like my machine. I have Toshiba P55t-B5340 with 4k display. I use UEFI Shell to change my dvmt (change to 128mb). all work well except ALC 284 (mic not work only speaker)

Can you tell me how to change DVMT on my Toshiba?

I also updated my profile with correct screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back