Contribute
Register

Toshiba E45-B4200 (Non Touch screen) Yosemite install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you certain it is actually sleeping? Do you have flashing power LED during sleep?
I am fairly certain it is sleeping. The console.log would say otherwise, and its not draining the amount of battery it would be if it was awake, but its a little bit more than if it was sleeping. I do have flashing LED during sleep.

I am fairly certain it is sleeping. The console.log would say otherwise, and its not draining the amount of battery it would be if it was awake, but its a little bit more than if it was sleeping. I do have flashing LED during sleep.

No more ideas for you then...

How does the enabling the BT work for the wifi? I do not understand the instructions.

BT Handoff (10.10 and newer)

1. Requires AirPortBrcm4360 WiFi Support and BT4LE
  2. Patches/Credit: Dokterdok ​(Select one)
    1. 10.10.2 and newer, Handoff (working)/Hotspot (not tested)
      1. Binary patch: IOBluetoothFamily
        1. Find: 48 85 C0 74 5C 0F B7 48
        2. Replace: 41 BE 0F 00 00 00 EB 59
    2. 10.10 and 10.10.1, Handoff/Hotspot
      1. Binary patch: IOBluetoothFamily
        1. Find: 8B 87 8C 01 00 00
        2. Replace: B8 0F 00 00 00 90
  3. Installation ​(Select one method)
    1. Kext/binary patch
      1. Download (View Raw) wireless_bcm94352-100.command.zip
      2. Double click Downloads/wireless_bcm94352-100.command
        1. Patch: 1
          1. Handoff only
    2. Clover/kext patch
      1. Download (View Raw)
        1. 10.10 and newer, config-bcm94352-103.plist.zip
      2. Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
        1. BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot

How do I do binary patches and do I paste the kernelandkextpatches?

Sorry to barge in, but I found issues with the bluetooth and wifi being turned on together. On the Toshiba laptop the fn+12 has the wireless logo drawn on it. and with all the kexts to make the bluetooth function, if I press the fn+12 keys the bluetooth comes to life. HOWEVER the wifi turns off and I cannot turn it back on no matter what I do. In order to make the wifi work again, I must fn+f12 again (turning off the bluetooth) and reboot. Do you have any ideas to why this happens and if so, how would I fix this problem?

Sorry to barge in, but I found issues with the bluetooth and wifi being turned on together. On the Toshiba laptop the fn+12 has the wireless logo drawn on it. and with all the kexts to make the bluetooth function, if I press the fn+12 keys the bluetooth comes to life. HOWEVER the wifi turns off and I cannot turn it back on no matter what I do. In order to make the wifi work again, I must fn+f12 again (turning off the bluetooth) and reboot. Do you have any ideas to why this happens and if so, how would I fix this problem?

Could be DSDT issue. You can use ACPIDebug to debug your DSDT (likely target EC query methods).

Could be DSDT issue. You can use ACPIDebug to debug your DSDT (likely target EC query methods).

Sorry but how would i achieve that?

Need to be familiar with programming concepts and ACPI.

ACPIDebug: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug
Hi, sadly I never got to the ACPI editing but I noticed something very interesting with the card. When my second card came (the lenovo card) it started to work with both bluetooth and wifi on. But after about 5~10 mins it started to do the same thing as my Dell card. Then I made a hypothesis that a CMOS reset just having battery and no powersource and then booting allows for temporary coexistence of wifi + bluetooth. if I just do these steps again, it simply starts working. I have no idea why this works and is no where close to a fully functional wifi but I thought it was an exciting discovery. Anyone have ideas about why this is so and/or how to lock it with both working?

Do you have Windows as a dual boot? I think when I was trying to get bluetooth working, I was able to enable it in Windows to have it work on OS X, but I think it stopped working for some reason like yours. What does your console.log say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back