Contribute
Register

Top-Case Cooling Mod with Hand-Punched tonymacx86 Logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
azzilla said:
The problem I encountered is constantly breaking drill bits (expensive). And that it's VERY time consuming. :beachball:

What file format is your stencil? I'm a machinest and could CNC drill this with coolant without breaking bits.

It is bonkers (but great!) to be doing this by hand. Kudos for dedication though. If you had this in autocad format you could either cnc or laser it somewhere local to you.
Full marks for initiative. :thumbup:
(The legal background person in me though says make sure you get permission from Tony - though I guess the thumbs up may be a sign?!?) :angel: :geek:

greggsymington said:
azzilla said:
The problem I encountered is constantly breaking drill bits (expensive). And that it's VERY time consuming. :beachball:

What file format is your stencil? I'm a machinest and could CNC drill this with coolant without breaking bits.

I think you just opened yourself up to a flood of PMs. Hopefully not too many people read this post.

DonutHands said:
greggsymington said:
azzilla said:

I think you just opened yourself up to a flood of PMs. Hopefully not too many people read this post.

At least one PM :p

DonutHands said:

Only one so far...

azzilla said:
At least one PM :p

Material ordered and CNC program complete with all 3893 holes!

Running NOW!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,247
wow a huge job ! :thumbup:

Just got it!!

I am still amazed at the detail, excellent work! :clap: :clap:

Any suggestions on how i should go about to get the edges rounded of?
I have a Dremel that i could use but I am sort of scared it will maybe ruin the look of it.

Again, huge thanks to greg! :wave:
If you ever need anything from Sweden that you don't have in the US, pm me..
(I don't traffic swedish blondes to the US)
:p

Oh, and if Tony should read this, make gregsymington a special user class. Let's say,
fixerofallthings

oWZhM.jpg

pMlhq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back