Contribute
Register

Top-Case Cooling Mod with Hand-Punched tonymacx86 Logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
azzilla said:
Any suggestions on how i should go about to get the edges rounded of?
I have a Dremel that i could use but I am sort of scared it will maybe ruin the look of it.

I wish I could have machined it for you, i didn't know the radius... I would use the old cover to scribe the radius and find a friend with a large stationary disk or belt sander and gently sand the corners off.

images

images

azzilla said:
I have a Dremel that i could use but I am sort of scared it will maybe ruin the look of it.
Have you made any progress? I'd love to see a picture of it complete.

greggsymington said:
azzilla said:
Have you made any progress? I'd love to see a picture of it complete.

I absolutely love this case design. I've always wanted to get into CNC machining but living in an apartment doesn't make it very easy.

I also have a Streacom F1C with heat problems.

nkew said:
I absolutely love this case design. I've always wanted to get into CNC machining but living in an apartment doesn't make it very easy.

I work in a machine shop. I WISH I had a CNC machine at home.

I can make you one too. PM me if your serious. Maybe you can give me the dimensions of the corners so I can cut one complete. Or at least trace the existing cover and send me a scan.

nkew said:

Done!

Beautiful!! greggsymington I'm interested in doing one with my own pattern but I can't PM you because I'm new here. Would you mind getting in contact with me at: danifart [AT] gmail.com ?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back