Graphics
MSI Nvidia 9400 GT 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I recently acquired a Dell XPS 13 L321X and am thinking about installing El Capitan but was wondering if the computer is too old? The CPU is an Intel Core i5 2467M. I have tried searching for guides but most are about installing Mavericks. Does anyone by any chance have experience with Yosemite/El Capitan with this particular laptop? Thanks in advance!

Hello, I recently acquired a Dell XPS 13 L321X and am thinking about installing El Capitan but was wondering if the computer is too old? The CPU is an Intel Core i5 2467M. I have tried searching for guides but most are about installing Mavericks. Does anyone by any chance have experience with Yosemite/El Capitan with this particular laptop? Thanks in advance!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I have the same Dell XPS L321X and am also attempting to install El Capitan on it using Rehabman's guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Clover 4061 seems to boot OK from the USB but the OSX Installer crashes soon after with a Kernel Panic as shown in the attached screenshot.

I've included my EFI folder and config.plist in hopes that someone can help me realize where I've made an error.

Detailed hardware specs of this laptop are in my signature as Laptop 0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_5943.jpg
    IMG_5943.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
  • EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 89
  • config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 196
Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I have the same Dell XPS L321X and am also attempting to install El Capitan on it using Rehabman's guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Clover 4061 seems to boot OK from the USB but the OSX Installer crashes soon after with a Kernel Panic as shown in the attached screenshot.

I've included my EFI folder and config.plist in hopes that someone can help me realize where I've made an error.

Detailed hardware specs of this laptop are in my signature as Laptop 0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I downloaded MacOS from the App Store on my other hackintosh laptop (Laptop #1 HP Elitebook 8460p).
I created the USB on that machine as well.

I downloaded MacOS from the App Store on my other hackintosh laptop (Laptop #1 HP Elitebook 8460p).
I created the USB on that machine as well.

Why is it not 10.11.6 or 10.12.5?
Re-create USB using latest/fresh 10.12.5 or 10.11.6 download.

Also, you are not booting from the EFI/Clover you attached (kernel arguments shown in panic don't match those specified in EFI/Clover/config.plist).

Note: Your panic is USB related. Maybe you should disable the USB3 controller (it is not well supported anyway).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back