Register

Too hot 3770k + UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Can someone give me some reliable OC settings for my rig? All the guides I've tried don't work. I must be doing something wrong because any kind of tweak I do --- my temps rocket up to high 90s without much tempting. I'm using cinema 4d and with some of these oc settings -- as soon as I hit render temps go from 40 to 98 in seconds.

These are my 3770K + UD5H settings:

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Thanks, I'm going to try them out. Do you have special cooling... liquid cooling or something. Even with slight changes my temps are going hay wire.

I don't have the board anymore, but I have just used a good air cooler (Prolimatech Black Series Megahalems).

The thing is:
1st, the 3770k (Ivy bridge) is getting hot overclocked. Some people get bad samples with bad temperatures.
2nd, the UD5H set a very volateg to my board with default settings. By manually adjusting it, I got much better temps.

Hello, I have i7 3770k and ga-z77x-ud5h, 1.1 vcore for 4gh and 1.29 for 4.5gh, spendthrift noctuaNH-D14 and the temperatures are not worrying. Spain, summer and they nonhappen from 65 degrees. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back