Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork,
Yes, used latest Multibeast. Went back and selected without DSDT, ALC892 and this time selected newer Intel network driver (3.0?) and upon rebooting, all is back to normal :)
Thank you

Hi Stork,
Yes, used latest Multibeast. Went back and selected without DSDT, ALC892 and this time selected newer Intel network driver (3.0?) and upon rebooting, all is back to normal :)
Thank you
You're welcome. I'm glad that it was that simple. But, sometimes, simple works. :thumbup:

Good, glad to hear that!:thumbup:

BTW, what BIOS version are you running?
I run F6!
Good. Me, too. You shouldn't have anymore freezes. :thumbup:

how about this RAM:
KHX16C9K4/32X http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX16C9K4_32X.pdf

Do you think it will work 100% together with the:
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H Intel Z87

It is not listed on the Gigabyte Compatible Memory list.
Don't know. If it's not on the list, I'd check with Kingston (web site) to see if it's Haswell compatible. If not, or the Kingston support group can't tell you, then I would not buy it (or return it, if possible) for memory that's on Gigabyte's memory list.

Finally, you have four memory sticks with this kit; four sticks have been known to cause freezes regardless if the memory is on the Gigabyte list. Since your memory is 1333 speed, you may not have a problem. However, we don't know if it will cause problems or not.

Also make sure your PSU is Haswell ready.

Anyone at all is running 32 GB RAM successfully ?
Which ?

Mine is working fine with 32GB RAM and an i7 4770K. Crucial Technology BLS8G3D18ADS3.16FE is the part number that I get from the System Report. I just bought the Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 32GB Kit.

I do have some issues though. Firstly I don't think that the USB is 100% right. All the ports on the back are reported as USB3 when I'd expect 2 of them to be USB2 and I have some incompatibility issues with a USB sound device that I know is fussy about its USB ports (it won't work on a hub for example).

Also the motherboard (and Chimera) is incompatible with my Apple Extended Keyboard (it's the wired, aluminium one) which is a complete pain.

Finally I haven't yet tracked down the right Mac model number that will let me overclock properly. Using MacPro3,1 crashes if I try a clock speed higher than 4.3GHz and this seems to be a known issue. I'll try a few others but they obviously have a tendency to cause the system to be less stable, and there are reports of differing performance figures depending on the Mac model number that you choose.

I was also caught out by the VGA port not being compatible on my test setup. I've had the occasional boot issue too but it seems to have settled down now I'm not fiddling about with things quite so much.

wol101... said:
Also the motherboard (and Chimera) is incompatible with my Apple Extended Keyboard (it's the wired, aluminium one) which is a complete pain....
How can be a Keyboard be incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back