Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd try putting your BT adapter in a Back Panel USB 2 port (one of the ports above the PS/2 connection) and try it. Is there a reason you're use your monitor's USB hub for the BT adapter?

Now, that being said, I've have my Targus BT USB adapter plugged into my Dell monitor, but I did that because I use a KVM switch to switch between computers. I, too, sometimes have your problem with two of my older systems, but my Z87MX system works well with the Targus in the monitor.

I have a Dell U2413 connected to USB2 port on my iMac.
Don't trust the Dell, the connection is sometimes broken, the SD card reader unmounts the volume, ...
Use it only for less-important devices.

I'd try putting your BT adapter in a Back Panel USB 2 port (one of the ports above the PS/2 connection) and try it. Is there a reason you're use your monitor's USB hub for the BT adapter?

Thanks Stork.
I had BT plugged into Dell to keep machine ports free. Right now I have the following USB devices:

Dell U2412M - USB2 on Z87MX
- Apple Keyboard - plugged into Dell
- smart card reader - plugged into keyboard
Logitech C920 camera - USB3 on Z87MX
Wired mouse - USB3 on Z87MX
APC UPS - USB3 on Z87MX
USB headset - USB2 on the front
BT dongle - ???

BT dongle is flaky no matter where it's plugged in. Last night it misbehaved in USB2 port on the back of the motherboard. Trackpad connection was choppy and when it was connected it wasn't tracking movement correctly. Moved it to the front USB port - issues went away. It seems as if BT needs to move around. Wired mouse is connected because sometimes trackpad isn't best (like right-clicking a lot).

If anyone has advice on how to better organize my USB connections to keep BT happy I would appreciate it.

I used to put my BT dongle on the apple keyboard, as it is really next to the trackpad/magic mouse.

When putting the dongle on the back panel or front panel the BT signal was not great.

My keyboard is connected to an Apple Cinema Display, connected to a USB2 port on the backpanel.

I used to put my BT dongle on the apple keyboard, as it is really next to the trackpad/magic mouse.

When putting the dongle on the back panel or front panel the BT signal was not great.

My keyboard is connected to an Apple Cinema Display, connected to a USB2 port on the backpanel.
Yeah I've noticed it was flakey on my setup too... To be honest I prefer my mouse. But for some gestures it is useful. I've tried different ports and only have a few more options left. A work colleague suggested using regular alkaline batteries instead of rechargeable batteries. I'll have to try that once I go home.

I have the GA-Z87MX-D3H MB and I've followed this thread for a while, and the discussions on the freezes and the memory.

I experienced reoccurring freezes. With XMP set to default and 1333 I came down to approx 1 freezes every 24 hour or so. With Profile 1 and 1600 I experienced instant freezes. However I changed my previous memory set (CML16GX3M2A1600C10) to one that was on Gigabytes tested list (CMD16GX3M2A1866C9) 1866 set, and now I've been up for 48 hours with the Profile 1 and 1866 Mhz without any problem. I experience that the system as such works more smooth.

...However I changed my previous memory set (CML16GX3M2A1600C10) to one that was on Gigabytes tested list (CMD16GX3M2A1866C9) 1866 set, and now I've been up for 48 hours with the Profile 1 and 1866 Mhz without any problem. I experience that the system as such works more smooth.
Good, glad to hear that!:thumbup:

BTW, what BIOS version are you running?

However I changed my previous memory set (CML16GX3M2A1600C10) to one that was on Gigabytes tested list (CMD16GX3M2A1866C9) 1866 set, and now I've been up for 48 hours with the Profile 1 and 1866 Mhz without any problem. I experience that the system as such works more smooth.

Smoother than a frozen system, but I doubt anything else would be visible, it should be at most within 5% difference (unnoticeable I think):
http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2014/march/haswellrealworld

looking for advice with GA-Z87MX. Everything worked fine following install of 10.8x using guide at beginning of this thread. Upgraded to 10.9x and rebooted, lost audio but network ok. Ran Multibeast with same boxes checked as initial install and audio works but now no network :(

looking for advice with GA-Z87MX. Everything worked fine following install of 10.8x using guide at beginning of this thread. Upgraded to 10.9x and rebooted, lost audio but network ok. Ran Multibeast with same boxes checked as initial install and audio works but now no network :(
Did you use MultiBeast 6.2.1? DSDT Free & Audio > Without DSDT > ALC892?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back