Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for Bluetooth i plan to get a more compatible Stick (IOGear) which is not available here in europe, so i have to pay maybe 30 or 40 Euros to get it. Currently i use this one.

You can search the IOGear on ebay, i'm from France and ordered 3 of them for a very good price (and new ones) from ebay. Give it a try :)

I never thought about USB 2 devices causing issues being plugged into USB 3 ports. I only have two USB 2 ports and my Logitech unifying receiver and apple keyboard occupy those. I'll try unplugging things and see if that changes thing. Maybe put all my older devices on a hub and pull that prior to leaving the Mac to sleep might help.

Do you guys managed to use the USB3 at USB 3 speed?

My usb3 are working but system infos shows it at 480 Mb/s (usb 2 speed)

I run the USB3 universal driver via MultiBeast with no result

Got it working like it shoud:

Hub:

Product ID: 0x8041
Vendor ID: 0x0451 (Texas Instruments)
Version: 1.00
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec
Location ID: 0x15400000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 900
Current Required (mA): 0

I did not even isntall any usb drivers

Got it working like it shoud:

Hub:

Product ID: 0x8041
Vendor ID: 0x0451 (Texas Instruments)
Version: 1.00
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec
Location ID: 0x15400000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 900
Current Required (mA): 0

I did not even isntall any usb drivers

I erased the usb3 universal kext from MultiBeast and still have no USB3 speed. What do you think I should do?

I know the main topic around here lately is ram and stability (or lack thereof); what about CPU coolers? What's everyone using? I currently gave the stock one a shot. But it's kinda lousy; encoding video get the CPU up to nearly 100°C!!! Now that's really hot! I'm looking at a Corsair 212 Evo... It's relatively cheap and gets good reviews.

A little late to the party but I've just installed an EVGA mITX cooler and I'm impressed with it. It clips in just like the stock Intel cooler and has given me similar results to everyone's 212EVO temps.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Sleeve-Direct-Socket-100-FS-C901-KR/dp/B00FS6O20A/

zweckmehl, et al,
please run memtest86 with XMP Profile1 to see if it hangs.

If several of you do this and report your results and the memory you're using, we can maybe eliminate some possible causes.

FYI > http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4490#memory support list

Really late reply here Stork, but I'm running XMP 1 set to 1600mHz and ran Memtest86+ for 14 hours with no errors on my setup on the Z87MX D3H. Bios F6.

Im running Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x8gb sticks split between the first and third slot (as Gigabyte recommend in their manual).

Sorry for the late post but hope it helps someone out there.

p0ttz,
Thanks for the report. Please confirm your memory is on Gigabyte's memory verification list which is located on your motherboard's web page on Gigabyte's web site. (I think it is because I, too, have a set of Crucial Ballistic Tactical 2x8GB memory sticks.)

I've not been having good luck with 10.9.2 on this build. First time I updated via the App store and Google Chrome and Photoshop would always not respond upon opening. I use them heavily. I restored and did the combo update exactly as stated - same thing.

I'm also get the "your computer/device is not recognized...please call apple support" when trying to log into the App Store so I can download/update my apps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? If not I'll just go back to the previous version.

I have the same motherboard and processor with a Gigabyte GTX 670. I too had problems with 9.2. iTunes was the key issue for me. It wouldn't run for more than a few seconds before hanging. The genius feature in iTunes would start sending info to the iTunes store and then freeze.

I rolled back to the previous version. Thank goodness for CCC.

Interested to see if there is a fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back