Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
To fix your sound, try the following:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01 (or the latest) just selecting the audio driver; and
:ch: Reboot and Repair Permissions again.​
Dunno what to tell you about Maps as I don't use it.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

thanks Stork.. will give it a try.. repaired the maps issue by deleting some kexts for the internal vid card that I am not using...

Should mention that the headphone jack works fine... just not the external outputs.... stay tuned!

To fix your sound, try the following:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01 (or the latest) just selecting the audio driver; and
:ch: Reboot and Repair Permissions again.​
Dunno what to tell you about Maps as I don't use it.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Oh well.. no dice.. headphones still work after doing this.. but audio via speakers in green jack still don't work. Think I might just go get some powered speakers and plug into headphone jack meanwhile... since everything else works.. can't complain I guess!

Next, open up the System Preferences Sound pane and the Audio MIDI Setup application in /Applications/Utilities and synch them up.

Oh well.. no dice.. headphones still work after doing this.. but audio via speakers in green jack still don't work.
Rear Speakers are muted when headphones are plugged in, by design.

Rear Speakers are muted when headphones are plugged in, by design.

Thx.. I had tried it with the headphones not plugged in and it still didn't work... that would be a nice solution though! :p

Next, open up the System Preferences Sound pane and the Audio MIDI Setup application in /Applications/Utilities and synch them up.

when you say "synch them up"... what do you mean? I see the following in Sound:
Internal Speakers Built in
Line Out Audio line out port
Digital Out Optical digital out port

In Audio Devices/Midi I see
Built in Output (which highlights when I click on Internal Speakers... so this is the headphone jack)
Built-in Line Output (which "highlights" when I click the first Line Out in Sound)
Built-in Line Output (which "highlights" when I click the second Line Out in Sound)

They are both set to 44100 Hz 2ch-24bit Integer - the Master Volume is grayed out and the 1/2 volume is set to .712

I guess my first question is why do I have 2 of these.... but selecting them didn't seem to help much.

If I use the gear and say "Use this device for sound output" on either of the 2 line outs... it just moves the little speaker icon and still no sound... Sigh... next?:banghead:

Internal Speakers Built in
Digital Out Optical digital out port
Internal Speakers > Built in >> Motherboard Green port
Headphones > Built in >> Case Green port​
Line Out Audio > line out port >> Orange
Line Out Audio > line out port >> Black
Digital Out Optical > digital out port >> SPDIF

Attach a copy of IOReg.

Internal Speakers > Built in >> Motherboard Green port
Headphones > Built in >> Case Green port​
Line Out Audio > line out port >> Orange
Line Out Audio > line out port >> Black
Digital Out Optical > digital out port >> SPDIF

Attach a copy of IOReg.

Thx Toleda - interesting that I don't have the Headphones option showing.. yet when I plug in my headphones to the Case front port - they work but show up under Internal Speakers.... Speakers are plugged into Motherboard Green Port but no sound comes from them even when using Internal Speakers.

Will run IOReg and post tonight... many thx for your assistance!

Another confirmation that updating to 10.9.1 seems okay after reinstalling audio drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back