Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
luissawyer,
This thread deals with tonymacx86's configuration. Since you have a graphics card, I recommend you post any problems in the Mavericks Desktop Support forum section or another appropriate thread. :thumbup: TIA.

I understand... but guess it has nothing to do with graphics card, and for the rest of it my configuration is this one.
it would`t boot from sleep without the gtx either... In fact my gtx arrived two weeks after and I used the computer without it and it didn´t woke up after sleeping more than a minute either...

And this is the most active forum for this config by far...

thank you

I have this build with an i-7 4770k and a gtx 780 graphics card, Tony Mac's modded bios (he posted in this forum/recommended) and I keep experiencing freezing. So frustrated as trying to use as a work computer but it is not stable with so much freezing. I see people with this build and an i-5 saying they aren't experiencing crashing...is this true? Can anyone confirm? As in no crashes? or a few crashes? Any info would be appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Running Mavericks on my system...

I have this build with an i-7 4770k and a gtx 780 graphics card, Tony Mac's modded bios (he posted in this forum/recommended) and I keep experiencing freezing. So frustrated as trying to use as a work computer but it is not stable with so much freezing. I see people with this build and an i-5 saying they aren't experiencing crashing...is this true? Can anyone confirm? As in no crashes? or a few crashes? Any info would be appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Running Mavericks on my system...

I have the exact build with an i5, no graphics card, running Mavericks. I did NOT upgrade the BIOS.
I have never had a freeze. I have had two occasions of not waking from a long sleep.

Whilst there is a conversation going on here, has anyone had problems with preview with this configuration and mavericks please? Whenever I try to resize, the computer is locked and has to be reset.

I have the exact build with an i5, no graphics card, running Mavericks. I did NOT upgrade the BIOS.
I have never had a freeze. I have had two occasions of not waking from a long sleep.

Thank you for the response. Have you ever had a graphics card installed and used the computer? I have to have a graphics card as it is supposed to be a work computer. Maybe the card is whats causing the freezing?? I've also tried a gtx 670, and gtx 680 - still freezing in the system...I must have the worst luck of everyone :/

Thank you for the response. Have you ever had a graphics card installed and used the computer? I have to have a graphics card as it is supposed to be a work computer. Maybe the card is whats causing the freezing?? I've also tried a gtx 670, and gtx 680 - still freezing in the system...I must have the worst luck of everyone :/

Sorry, no. I have only used the onboard graphics, as I am no gamer/developer. If your display is compatible, I would try removing the graphics card altogether and see if you have the same issues. Another option would be a "fresh start". I had to do that on a different build that just wasn't going right. When I started over from scratch, it all came together. Sometimes that is easier than endless troubleshooting.

Sorry, no. I have only used the onboard graphics, as I am no gamer/developer. If your display is compatible, I would try removing the graphics card altogether and see if you have the same issues. Another option would be a "fresh start". I had to do that on a different build that just wasn't going right. When I started over from scratch, it all came together. Sometimes that is easier than endless troubleshooting.

I will try your suggestions, thank you for your replies!

Updated to 10.9.1 and no Issues so far.

Remember to install the audio drivers for ALC892 via Multibeast after updating ;-)

Hackintosh still performing great. Thanks for the guide an this great community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back