Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a weird issue with the reporting of my temperatures in both iStat Menus and HWMonitor, while they do appear, they simply remain static. No matter what app I open on the Mac they never change. They do work initially when I first boot but then after about 60 seconds they stop working.

So a quick update, I changed the CMOS battery as I was having issues with the time and date, and voila the temperatures are working again.

Updated to Mavericks 10.95 without any problems using the procedure in this post. Audio works after sleep/wake-up, too. :thumbup:

Wanted to check if anyone encountered the following behavior with their GA-Z87MX-D3H.

Maverick's, hardwired ethernet to 5th gen airport extreme running firmware 7.6.4. While the machine is in sleep, it would lock up, such that it doesn't respond to keyboard or mouse wake-up. At the same time wifi will go down for ALL wifi clients. By go down, I mean DNS doesn't work externally. As soon as the hack is rebooted, airport comes back to life. I think the wired clients are still operating fine while this is going on.

Not sure if its an Airport issue or a hack issue. Though seems suspicious that hack is locked up while this is going on.

hello,

I installed a hackintosh i7 4790K and with GA-Z87MX-D3H through against impossible to boot with DisplayPort, forced to boot with x,

What should I do? I want the DisplayPort output because I have a 4K screen 60HZ

thank you

For the GA-Z87MX-D3H users, I can highly recommend using the latest Ozmosis 1479 bios.

With my setup (see signature), no additional kext installation is needed and the system works perfectly well.

Hello,

Where i can find Ozmosis bios for Z87mx ???

Thanks

@peterios87

You can find an ozmosis bios for this board in the german hackintosh forum: http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Portal
You have to register to download this bios. If you're having problems just let me know.
Otherwise you can find at insanelymac a "how to" for making an ozmosis.

Huberer

Hello,

I've got a problem with my hackintosh.
From time to time boot doesn't work well : the screen hangs up on the Gigabyte splach screen logo and boot never continues.
In these cases I'm forced to hard reboot the machine.

It's not happening often so it's difficult to know what can be the problem.
Any ideas ?

Thanks

-----
Gigabyet Z87MX-D3H
2x8 Go Crucial Ballistix
Intel Core i7-4770
Crucial MX100 512 Go SSD
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

Make sure all your memory sticks are fully seated and the PSU power cables are fully inserted. Then, if you can, download, create a CD & boot/run Memtest86 for 12 hours to see if you memory is good. Make sure your memory is on the Gigabyte approved list for the Z87MX-D3H.

Finally, check your PSU to ensure it's Haswell "ready" or "certified." Your PSU might be failing, too. Do have another PSU to swap in and try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back