Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
app-window moves out of display area after monitor sleep

hey i started testing and can't say anything about real reliability nor to every programm.. anyways i encountered something disturbing.

if the monitor wakes up from sleep, lightroom3.5 and Preview change windowsize/viewing mode and move out of the display area. it is not possible rezising them, nor entering fullscreenmode, neither hiding and showing them up again makes rezising or moving the app window possible.

i have to close and restart the application and everything is fine again and within the display area. indesign doesn't appear to have this bug.

anyways i am quiet excited about the new mhac and thankful for your guides and advices.

ps: i didn't tried system-/hardwaresleep cause i am fully stretched with freezes and crashes by my dying iMac4,1:beachball:
my specs:
mainboard: ga-z87mx-d3h (Bios not flashed); CPU: i7 4770K; RAM:2x8gb ddr3 CML16GX3M2A1600C10 (xmp:profile1); PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 650W; Samsung 840 Evo 250gb; hdmi to Dell U2410f

OS: 10.9.1 installed with Unibeast 3.0.1, postinstall Multibeast 6.0.1, no x-flag needed during installation/boot, had to install audiokext, installed Java6 via appstore and repaired permissions before and after reboot -> audio still working

Is sleep working reliably for anyone?

Not some of the time, not most of the time, but _always_ -- as good as if their hardware had an Apple logo on it!

There are posts in this thread that state that "everything" is working fine, but I also see many posts that complain about sleep problems.

I'm only interested in people using exclusively the on-board video. If you have an PCIe video card in your system, that's an extra variable thrown into the mix.

If you're using both your DisplayPort and HDMI on-board video outputs, I'm especially interested in hearing from you.

Thanks,
Thomas

I'm using only the HD 4600. Have no additional graphics card.
My display is mainly an Eizo 2736 (2560x1440) via DisplayPort. I have issues with my second screen (some Toshiba FullHD TV) via HDMI.
Can you verify my problem from 2 posts ago? (Mouse is connected via USB, port does not matter. From what I've read it COULD have something todo with HDCP)
I can confirm strange mouse behaviour in ONE single case:
Display #1 connected via DisplayPort, switched on - so I can see the mouse cursor ;)
Display #2 connected via HDMI, switched off.

If I unplug Display #2 everything is fine. And if I switch Display #2 on everything is fine, too. And it does ONLY happen with HDMI. If I switch Display #1 off and Display #2 on, everything is still fine. Very strange...

I'm using some Ozmosis modded BIOS, but should make no difference to Clover/Chimera. Keep in mind to use FakeSMC 5.3 (which is included in MultiBeast 6.x). The newer FakeSMC 6 makes problems!
Also use AppleIntelE1000 version 2.4.14, because newer ones can cause problems!
And I'm using ALC892 from MultiBeast 6.x (6.01 and 6.1 are working).
Since today I'm also using a modded AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext (see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...splayport-audio-hd4600-alc892.html#post740055 ).
Everything on OSX 10.9.1.

Before the Azul patch I had no sleep issues. After that I only did use sleep 1 time and it worked.

EDIT:
If your problem is, that you set your machine to sleep and it wakes automatically, you should disable Wake on LAN in BIOS.

SLEEPISSUE

seems to work perfectly. haven't had any freeze. all windows (also preview) stay where they were located.
wake on lan (bios) is disabled in my case.
wake up via usb keyboard or mouse on usb2.0-port. don't have a bluetooth dongle yet.

LAN
i realized my ethernet cable has to be plugged in before startup, otherwise he says it is connected but there is no connection to the inet.

go for it, thx!

Cubist ---

I'm using the unifying system with a mouse and keyboard. I never had any problems with the keyboard, however when I first added the mouse I got some serious lag at times. Tried a number of different things, but what solved it for me was moving the USB receiver closer to where I use the mouse. My tower is on the floor to the left of my desk , and the mouse is at my right. I plugged the receiver into a hub on my desk and have had no issues since. The difference was about 18 inches fyi.

Asked this before, but did anyone have problems getting into the BIOS screen. I never could get mine to open, but have had zero problems since build/install. I am thinking of adding a graphics card down the line and would like to know I can get into BIOS before I spend the money.

Asked this before, but did anyone have problems getting into the BIOS screen. I never could get mine to open, but have had zero problems since build/install. I am thinking of adding a graphics card down the line and would like to know I can get into BIOS before I spend the money.

Power off the computer, unplug power cord, wait 15 minutes or more, and connect power cord. Keep delete button pressed when you press power button.
I had same problem and this helped.

my system is very stable, but I can not set the memories of profile1, otherwise it freezes.
I've done a thousand tests but I do not understand how to solve.

I would do everything from the beginning again
-go to bios
-set to optimized defaults
-set X.M.P Memory Profile to Profile 1

Power off the computer, unplug power cord, wait 15 minutes or more, and connect power cord. Keep delete button pressed when you press power button.
I had same problem and this helped.

sorry, a question: to see the bios I put the monitor on the VGA, because with the HDMI output can not display the boot screen, is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back