Contribute
Register

Tonymacx86 Build: Lion, Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 and i5 2500K

Status
Not open for further replies.
shibirian said:
Really, get yourself a cheap graphics card. HD3000 is really abysmal...

It might be, but it works with Lion and I very rarely use a display on this box. This Hackintosh is just an iTunes and EyeTV server. I use Remote Desktop to manage it. It records TV and serves up our iTunes content to our AppleTV's and Apple laptops.

I wanted as quiet and energy efficient a box, and eliminating the video card really helps.

Now if I could find a way to reduce the energy consumption of 10TB of hard drives ...

Hackwin said:
So the real question is...how did you two manage to get the onboard HD3000 graphics to work?
I've got instructions in my build description (see Zorro's link in my signature block). :thumbup:

shibirian said:
Really, get yourself a cheap graphics card. HD3000 is really abysmal...
Actually, HD 3000, set up properly, works well for general purpose computing. Some of us don't play games. HD 3000 is perfect for a server and a HacHTPC. I'm using HD 3000 to see how far I can take it w/o having a graphics card. So far, GarageBand works great with 9 tracks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

However, I'll probably get a graphics card sometime next year. But, then there's Ivy Bridge with HD 4000 next year, too. :clap:

How did you get audio to work?

I used the "AppleHDA Rollback" in the MultiBeast after the install and it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back