Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H67MA-UD2H - Core i5-2500K (SB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well- seems that busratio=29 is the one after all. Worth noting that busratio=27 and 28 both also work. Will test further.

For now, I've done PIC, HPET, HDEF, DTGP edits.

Extra contains:

Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v arch=i386 busratio=29</string>

Extra/DSDT.aml
Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
Extra/smbios.plist -> MacPro 3,1
Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext
Extra/Extensions/JMicronSATA (for internal drives)

Still working on sleep. Seems that USB might need to be tweaked after all- as of now, the new Gigabyte USB implementation with RMH (Rate Matching Hubs) is working perfectly. No rollback or anything necessary- no DSDT fixes necessary.

After testing each and every busratio, it seems that 17 is the lowest I can go and remain stable with no mouse jerk or audio stuttering.

Also, interestingly the highest it goes is 30, and if you enter busratio=31, it will set itself at 3.5.

I'm wondering if it's a 1/2 thing- like since bus/core ratio is 33, the optimal one would be 16.5?

Who knows, they all seemed identical from 17-30.

I Am working on an almost identical system (Same mobo and Processor). This is my first build and I am struggleing. I have installed osx (still cant get it to boot from disk without iboot) and I am experienceing all the same problems you are (mouse stutter). I still havnt been able to fix the audio. I also notice hangups when using safari. Keep up the good work. Will you be posting a DSDT fot this system?

zman6 said:
I Am working on an almost identical system (Same mobo and Processor). This is my first build and I am struggleing. I have installed osx (still cant get it to boot from disk without iboot) and I am experienceing all the same problems you are (mouse stutter). I still havnt been able to fix the audio. I also notice hangups when using safari. Keep up the good work. Will you be posting a DSDT fot this system?

Will be posting DSDT as soon as I get sleep working. But not sure if I'll be able to with Legacy Kernel- there's always sleepenabler- but it's proved unstable on System Updates.

First of all, thanks for doing all this. Great website and great forum.

Do you think I would be able to use the DSDT your uploading in my build? The motherboards use all the same Lan and Audio Chipsets. Been struggling with it the past few days.

Motherboard:

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k

Graphics Card:

Radeon HD 5770

Used all your settings so far. Booting from disk and sound working great. busratio at 29 and working fine(mouse stutter is gone).Somehow i have lost ethernet? Cant figure out why. It was working before I ran multibeast.
This is what I added in multibeast.
Fake smc
Alc8xx
JmicronSata

I tried using the kexts for ethernet to restore it but it didnt work.
What do you think?

Thanks
Zoltan

zman6 said:
Used all your settings so far. Booting from disk and sound working great. busratio at 29 and working fine(mouse stutter is gone).Somehow i have lost ethernet? Cant figure out why. It was working before I ran multibeast.
This is what I added in multibeast.
Fake smc
Alc8xx
JmicronSata

I tried using the kexts for ethernet to restore it but it didnt work.
What do you think?

Thanks
Zoltan

Use Lnx2Mac's ethernet kext. :thumbup:

Thanks Tony & every one in the forum for the hard work.
Any particular reason to use AData memory ? there is no links to Amazon. I want to learn a little more about that memory.
Do you use the stock cooler that came with the CPU ? :thumbup:

susono said:
Thanks Tony & every one in the forum for the hard work.
Any particular reason to use AData memory ? there is no links to Amazon. I want to learn a little more about that memory.
Do you use the stock cooler that came with the CPU ? :thumbup:
Link to RAM is now in the OP.

tonymacx86 said:
Will be posting DSDT as soon as I get sleep working. But not sure if I'll be able to with Legacy Kernel- there's always sleepenabler- but it's proved unstable on System Updates.

Ok- sleep won't work using Legacy Kernel without using SleepEnabler kext. The kernel itself disabled certain native kexts like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, so the real sleep fix won't be available until we have vanilla kernel status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back