Contribute
Register

Tony, question about your audio function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Tony thanks again for your guides. I was able to get my hackintosh up and running. I was posting as Jeff W on your blog. I got my audio working using an 885id build of the 889a legacy driver on my p55-ud4p mobo.

My green input does stereo output. When I plug a line in source to the mobo, I can see that audio is there looking at the level in sound preference under input, but there is no sound output. I figure the kext is not routing the audio correctly?

I was wondering if you were able to hear line in sources on your setup or is this a global issue?

jwalkermed said:
Tony thanks again for your guides. I was able to get my hackintosh up and running. I was posting as Jeff W on your blog. I got my audio working using an 885id build of the 889a legacy driver on my p55-ud4p mobo.

My green input does stereo output. When I plug a line in source to the mobo, I can see that audio is there looking at the level in sound preference under input, but there is no sound output. I figure the kext is not routing the audio correctly?

I was wondering if you were able to hear line in sources on your setup or is this a global issue?

I'll test the line-in on the UD2 and get back to ya. ;)

Different boards have different pin-outs, you need to use the right kext or it doesn't work as intended. Have a look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=140941 for a selection of kexts. There are four different ones for 889A depending on the type of ports on the back of the motherboard and front connectors on your case. I have the same board and I'm using the 4 out 2 in with front HD, although I haven't tried the line in as yet...

thelostswede said:
Different boards have different pin-outs, you need to use the right kext or it doesn't work as intended. Have a look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=140941 for a selection of kexts. There are four different ones for 889A depending on the type of ports on the back of the motherboard and front connectors on your case. I have the same board and I'm using the 4 out 2 in with front HD, although I haven't tried the line in as yet...

Yes I'm using the 4 out 2 in w/ front HD headphone as you are. No go. Maybe I'll just try all the others for trouble shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back