Contribute
Register

Tons of problems, can't figure out any of them (GA-P55-USB3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got 10.6.5 installed.

It's running on a GA-P55-USB3 mobo, Gigabyte ATI 5770, 4GB ram, Asus USB bluetooth adapter, DWA-125 USB wireless adapter, etc.

So far, these are the issues I'm encountering:

- Can't boot from HDD, only iBoot
- Can't sleep, shutdown sometimes locks up as well
- Audio doesn't show 'Built-in' in System Preferences, all rear ports don't work, only front ports, which cause interference.
- Magic Mouse is very glitchy, cursor stutters all over the place
- Finder randomly locks up, takes many minutes to work again
- CPU seems to be overworked doing trivial tasks, fan keeps revving up
- DVD drive isn't accessible, crashes Finder when I try to use it

I think that's everything.. could be forgetting something. Anyway, If anyone here has the same hardware as me, and has managed to get everything to work properly, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out?

It would help others to help you by detailing your installation/trouble shootings steps you've taken and any guides you've followed. The more details, the easier to identify the problem and solve them one at a time.

I followed the same guide basically everyone else here has as well, this one: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

I started with Easybeast, graphics worked after that, but still had the other issues. I went through and selected additional kexts from Multibeast, basically tried every one that related to the hardware I have installed.

Aside from that, I don't know what else to do.

How do I check what version my mobo is?

In System Profiler, my model identifier shows iMac11,1 even though I have tried a few others, it always shows up as that one.

When I install new kexts, am I supposed to delete others?

How do I know if I'm running at 32bit or 64bit? I prefer to run at 64bit if possible.

are you using DSDT? if not, download it from the database appropriate to your BIOS/Rev version. If you happen to have Rev 2.0 & F8 BIOS, you can follow the link in my signature to download my DSDT and follow the instruction in the Sound section.

what do you have in your Extra & /Extra/Extensions folder?

No, I'm not using DSDT because the instructions made it sound like I didn't need to if I was using Easybeast.

I'm assuming I have to reboot and go into the BIOS to check what version I'm running?

This is what I have in those two folders:

Extra
- com.apple.Boot.plist
- Extensions.mkext
- smbios.plist (which actually shows MacPro3,1 in it, not iMac 11,1)

Extra/Extensions
- EvOreboot.kext
- fakesmc.kext
- JMicron36xATA.kext
- JMicron36xSATA.kext
- Legacy888HDA.kext
- LegacyAppleRTC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 106
Kloan we have the exact same setup. I would try using a DSDT from Tony's database. Also, here are the options I use...

Audio - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4632

Network - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5828

Multibeast 2.5.1 - After you install 10.6.5 install these options..

system utilities
USB rollback
USB 3.0 support
chameleon 2.0 RC5 ATI Experimental
64bit Apple Boot Screen
Mac Pro 4,1

That should clear up most of your issues, minus the track pad and sleep issue. I personally have a sleep issue where the computer turns off.

Ok, I'm going to try that in just a min, but do I need to delete everything first and start from scratch (in the Extra folder, etc), or can I just select those in MultiBeast and install on-top/replace?

You should just be able to replace them. Thats what I would do.

Holy crap was that ever annoying....

Ok, after a dozen reboots, I finally got at least few things fixed that I can confirm:

- Can boot from HDD now
- Audio port(s) in the back panel work (well, speaker out at least works) - no static noise
- Identifier is now MacPro 4,1

So now in Extra there's
- com.apple.Boot.plist
- DSDT.ami (from shinew)
- Extensions.mkext
- smbios.plist

And in E/E there's
- fakesmc.kext
- JMicron36xATA.kext
- JMicron36xSATA.kext
- LegacyAppleHD.kext

And finally AppleHDA.kext (modified) in S/L/E. I also selected the other kexts you suggested, laguna1212.

I'll test the rest of the issues tomorrow.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I really appreciate it! :)

Then once I've got all of these fixed (except the mouse, I think that's just a big ol piece of crap), I'm going to try to find a relatively inexpensive but VERY silent heatsink/fan combo, because the one that comes with the CPU is really frickin loud... makes me miss the iMac I had briefly, cuz that was silent (aside from the bad LED inverter board high pitched whine). :crazy:

cool, your sound should both work for the front panel & back. I'm not sure the MacPro4,1 smbios is the best one for your setup. You might want to run Geekbench to make sure your system performance is about right, should be around 8000-9000.

Since you don't have a Sony or Pioneer dvd-rw, you won't be able to auto-sleep. So you have another guide in my signature to follow if you want to make that work(make sure you can manually enter sleep & wake up from it first though).

p.s. I usually find the stock fan to be pretty quite. you just can't overclock with these things. what case are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back