Contribute
Register

Toleda Wifi BMC4352 (Asus Z97-Pro Wifi-AC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-Pro (wifi ac)
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I just got my machine up and running on with Sierra but my wifi doesn't work.
I can see that Toleda is updating some of the files in his Wireless_half-mini repo on github and i got a config-bcm94352-120.plist file but i don't know if that is enough to get it to work.

Do i need a kext file to get it to work properly if so, where can i find it?

For Broadcom BCM94352HMB, we need to patch the kext "AirPortBrcm4360.kext" located at System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/".
Copy the kext to Desktop and Open the file "Info.plist" using text editor located inside the kext we are patching and add the bolded line below to the section "IOKitPersonalities->IONameMatch" as shown below.

Broadcom WiFi:

<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci14e4,43b1</string>
</array>

After editing, save the file.

Install the kext.
5gz also works for me.

For Broadcom BCM94352HMB, we need to patch the kext "AirPortBrcm4360.kext" located at System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/".
Copy the kext to Desktop and Open the file "Info.plist" using text editor located inside the kext we are patching and add the bolded line below to the section "IOKitPersonalities->IONameMatch" as shown below.

Broadcom WiFi:

<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci14e4,43b1</string>
</array>

After editing, save the file.

Install the kext.
5gz also works for me.

I moved that kext to my desktop, opened the file you said in Atom, saved entered my password and ran "KextBeast 2" No luck.

Sorry forgot to mention one important patch. Do this in config.plist in the kext to patch section.
Works like a charm. Even 5gz

Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch

The patch was created by the-darkvoid.

eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

Additional background: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312759-fix-macos-sierra-dp1-bcm94532z-wifi/

or

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Any idea how to get BT + Handoff working with this card? All I get is pairing requests for my iPhone on my system instead of handoff/continuity.

@Pears install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext. Google it

U need FacePCIiID + BCM4352.Uwifi.Kext install S/L/E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back