Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, as a general rule is it a good idea to wait before running program updates that roll out from time to time?

10.6.7 to 10.6.8 was the only update that seemed to cause a lot of people issues and that has been resolved.

Personally I have updated 10.6.3 to .5 to .6 to .7 to .8 to 10.7.0 without difficulty.

So, if it is a work machine that you depend on, wait a couple of days or a week, check the forum/blog and then you can go for it if no one has reported problems.

Wait for what??? If other people have problems or not? They could have gone with their update smoothly but yours didn't.

So It's a good idea to have a bootable backup of your system drive (SuperDuper, CarbonCopy, etc).

So if something goes wrong, it just takes a few minutes to clone back the backup to your original drive.

I am on 10.6.8 and works GREAT. There was a notice that hit my system shortly have mine hit the internet that said there was an update. Declined for a little while.
Thank yor your reply.

SnapMan said:
10.6.7 to 10.6.8 was the only update that seemed to cause a lot of people issues and that has been resolved.

Personally I have updated 10.6.3 to .5 to .6 to .7 to .8 to 10.7.0 without difficulty.

So, if it is a work machine that you depend on, wait a couple of days or a week, check the forum/blog and then you can go for it if no one has reported problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back