Contribute
Register

to hackintosh or not these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These replies are absolutely fantastic.

Thanks so much for making sense of my atrocious post.

I love this community.

So my best hack option is Big Sur . Likely to loose support soon. Grrrr. I do see open core offering some interesting options . But it seems like mostly emulation days now . The native days are over . For now .

I will endeavor to build a Big Sur rig to fill the gap .

so right now I’m actually swapping a battery in my mid 2010 mbp .

Nothing works . iCloud . Premier , aperture …. It’s a night mare. Apple completely dropped support for it .

Sad .

So the advice to get apple silicone is genuinely solid.

Looking at max mini m2 atm … 499??? Wow I don’t think I can beat that bang for buck!

Circling to Big Sur… looks like I need to us vm or gib mac os

Then unibeast now uses clover . That’s nice .

Ugh wish me luck .

Thanks

These replies are absolutely fantastic.

Thanks so much for making sense of my atrocious post.

I love this community.

So my best hack option is Big Sur . Likely to loose support soon. Grrrr. I do see open core offering some interesting options . But it seems like mostly emulation days now . The native days are over . For now .

I will endeavor to build a Big Sur rig to fill the gap .

so right now I’m actually swapping a battery in my mid 2010 mbp .

Nothing works . iCloud . Premier , aperture …. It’s a night mare. Apple completely dropped support for it .

Sad .

So the advice to get apple silicone is genuinely solid.

Looking at max mini m2 atm … 499??? Wow I don’t think I can beat that bang for buck!

Circling to Big Sur… looks like I need to us vm or gib mac os

Then unibeast now uses clover . That’s nice .

Ugh wish me luck .

Thanks

Using OpenCore as your bootloader for hackintoshing is about as "native" as you can get. This forum prohibits discussion of vm hackintoshing.

The Apple Silicon Macs are really, really good. I've been extremely happy with mine. I'm sure the M2 variants are even better. Just be aware that some base models have slower SSD performance.

You can't. But for long time use you want to bump RAM and internal storage up a notch.

Whelp till I decide on a Mac I guess
Big Sur here I come… I see premier is supported from 10.15 and up still …

So I don’t see a unibeast for Big Sur ? I can just upgrade from Yosemite or something ?

Also to get Big Sur looks like I’ll need figure out gibmacos. That’s allowed to be discussed ?

I don’t mind sporting older osx … I was able to keep my og non subscription version of PS
AND still used Aperature on mountain lion …. I’ll probably be locked into Final Cut on a hackintosh running Big Sur …

Thanks for all the input.

sorry pastry . Been a while since I’ve been on here . I haven’t used clover or open core as a boot loader ever yet …

Still have my good old Iboot cd rom that always saved the day .

I bet I can sell this windows pc for atleast 300.. maybe 400 if I find the right buyer that understands the de lid and overclock.

I haven’t used clover or open core as a boot loader ever yet …
Been living in the Hackintosh dark ages..... Welcome to 2023 !

Probably best to skip Clover and learn OpenCore if you will install Big Sur. Have a look at the OCAT beginners guide and attempt making your OC EFI folder. Also study the Dortania Guide for Ivy Bridge systems.

Last edited:
Cheers you for saving me headaches !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back