Contribute
Register

TL-WDN4800 installation 10.9 - need to re-install OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks

I am the happy owner of the TL-WDN4800 which I will be installing in my 10.9 hackintosh over the weekend, and which will substitute the Asus USB-N13 wifi dongle.

Question is, do I need to re-install OSX or is the network card be detected automatically as Airport upon boot?

Thank you very much

Edit:

One more questions, considering there is a wifi usb (Ralink) currently connected to my hackintosh:

-> What's the way to safely remove the Ralink software and restore network settings prior to installing the TL-WDN4800? I am asking because most of the compatibility issues I've seen between TL-WDN4800 and Maverics is down to network settings not being "reset".

Thank you in advance

Card is going to be installed and it will work out-of-the-box even if you have your system already installed. I had the very same worry about it, but I went for it and worked fine. But beware, I have it installed and connection drops every 10-15 minutes since I updated to 10.9. Beware.

Thanks mate, I have read some posts here stating exactly that with 10.9, but it was solved by properly removing some kexts that had remained from previous installations which is why I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back