Contribute
Register

Tiny Intel Computer - 10x10cm Intel-Core i5 / HD 3000 [NUC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pwalth21 said:
breadoflife13 said:
But it doesnt have an optical drive....derrrrrp

They are a thing of the past. The mac mini's don't have it anymore either. And if needed you can always get an external. Sad thing is it would be bigger than the computer itself

Um, I believe that was a joke... :lol:

i really want one !!!! :headbang:

For this size may be can be stick to behind lcd tv. then you can made home made all in one pc or home made smart tv. :headbang:

Unrealized said:
I wonder what kind of a BIOS it has..

I would assume that after an inital exclusive Intel period, this size will be available for manufacturers to iterate, like the generic Intel ATX, mATX, Mini-ITX motherboards from Intel's hardware partners at ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte, MSI.

So potentially a Gigabyte NUC? :D :clap:

Not sure if this is the beast above, but here's what is available now at newegg...

the i5 version is Home > Computer Hardware > Barebone / Mini Computers > Mini / Booksize Barebone Systems > OEM Production > Item#: N82E16856205003
and runs $469.99 (more than $100, but this is the whole system including 2Gb memory, no HD ((but mSATA SSD ready)), including tiny case and PSU and i5 performance in a tiny box).

The slower one is Home > Computer Hardware > Barebone / Mini Computers > Mini / Booksize Barebone Systems > OEM Production > Item#: N82E16856205004 that one is $319.99 complete, less SSD.

No wifi, but plenty of usb and SATA ports, and does have LAN.

Catahula said:
Not sure if this is the beast above, but here's what is available now at newegg...

this is not the "beast" above, it is a little bit bigger, but it is also nice.

Look very close at picture.
The box it comes in has knockouts for back plane.
Flip box over it already has holes drilled for standoffs to mount motherboard in box.
You can use the box for a case.
Intel engineers want to include power cord but marketing said the cord was bigger than
board itself.

Joke of course...but I may still try it...
I am not sure if big shrunken will fit on this.

My eyes are getting bad.
That little thing is in a case.
Forget previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back