Contribute
Register

Tinkercad, not to be confused with Tindercad!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte A520i AC
CPU
Ryzen 7 4700G
Graphics
Radeon Vega 8
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.50.37 AM.png

I caught Mod bug!, symptoms include but are not limited to, purchasing a 3D printer, discovering new apps, creating 3D objects, confusing Tinkercad with Tindercad and drinking lots of Tea!. In my 2009 Mac mini thread, (link), phunguss Kindly shared his .STL file for his rear IO. At this point I discovered Tinkercad an online tool that was easy to use with it's friendly and colorful UI. There are plenty of tutorials going over the basics and your provided with a library of shapes to use. You even get a 'blocks' and 'bricks' view, useful if you plan to build your creation in Minecraft or Lego. I don't have extensive knowledge of CAD so I was initially daunted, I have tried Blender, (Which button do I press?), Cura, (very corporate looking) and Tinkercad. Out of the three Tinkercad is by far the most approachable and easiest to understand, especially for a novice like me!. And whatever you create is covered by Creative Commons License, allowed to be modified and shared with a nifty 3D interface!. Don't own a 3D Printer?, well thats not a problem there are services that can provide that bit for you and have it delivered to your door.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back