i7 7700K
Graphics
GeForce Titan 1050i Pascal
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

So I'm finally giving up on Nvidia and have bought myself an RX 580 with 8GB of Ram. Later on this week I'll switch the graphics cards. Is there any chance that my Hackintosh will boot up straight away? Or am I better of doing a clean install and then recover everything with Time Machine? Any ideas or thoughts are very much welcome!

Cheers!

No need for a clean install. Even if you forget to uninstall the nvidia web driver it won't cause issues. All I did when I switched was make sure readeondeinit was set in clover and had whatevergreen and lilu in kexts/other.

No need for a clean install. Even if you forget to uninstall the nvidia web driver it won't cause issues. All I did when I switched was make sure readeondeinit was set in clover and had whatevergreen and lilu in kexts/other.

radeondeinit is for older radeon video cards. It doesn't apply to RX series or newer.

I'm thinking about purchasing an AMD RX Series card for my HackPro 5,1. I have two displays with DVI inputs currently connected to my NVidia 9800GT. Will the RX card be able to drive dual-DVI displays and if so, what RX output ports / adapters should I use? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back