Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390 Prime A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580
I swapped out my SSD for a newer one. Before doing that I backed up my drive using Time Machine.

How do I restore it and keep my Clover/EFI?

I've tried restoring on the new drive, but Clover doesn't load when I reboot after completing the restore.

I am assuming that TM restored the main partition, but not the EFI.

Any pointer on how to restore Clover and my EFI?

Thanks!

You can use Clover Cloner function of Clover Configurator to copy EFI partition from old disk to new one. Alternatively you could mount EFI partition of both disks (using Clover Configurator, EFI Mouter or any other tool) and simply copy content - there is no any magic, it just FAT32 partition.

Can I do this from the UEFI shell? I don't have a working Macos to boot into, just an installer USB drive

Yes, UEFI shell can copy files, so you can do it, but I don't have much experience with it so can't tell how to locate mount points and copy files. But if you have installer USB with UniBeast - you should be able boot from it to your new SSD, is it failed too?

Last edited:
I managed to just install a new Mac OS from the USB. From there I mounted and moved my backup EFI to the EFI to the new SSD. Then I rebooted into the USB and am running the TM restore. Lets see how it goes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back