R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys!

Pretty new to this, but i've finally decided to build my first hackintosh system. I've been doing tons of research on hardware and methods of installing OS X, so now my question is... if I'm planning on using the Radeon GTS 250 1gb card - and from what I hear it's not officially supported on OS X - how would I go about first doing the iBoot-GE + Multibeast installation without having a functioning card? I'm using an i5-750 and it doesn't have integrated graphics, and neither does my board, for reference I'll attach a link to my intended build. Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Build: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13487225

Note. I have two graphics cards in the list because I'm still undecided on them, but I'd prefer an SLI ready card that fits my total 700ish budget. ;)

A Radeon GTS250 ? Are you going to solder Radeon hardware to an nVidia board or vice versa ? :p

Anyhoo, do you require gaming under Win 7 ? If so, I'd go for one ofe the currently supported Ati's. The nVidia Fermi support is still a bit shakey.
But for a first build I'd pobably get as much stuff as possible that's supported out of the box.
Non supported hardware (like the 889 soundchip, funky ethernet and grapphics) may sound like fun, but it can lead to immense frustration.

I always advise people that want to build Hacks to go for a cradle mounted hd0, with seperate hd's for Win and OSX (and whatever else) that you can slot in if you need them. That way, if one of the OS's goes terminal you still have a computer.

I feel like you can get better parts for the same/similar price to what you have listed there.

-Get the spinpoint F3 instead, or one of the WD Blue or Black drives.

-Get a 9800GT instead of one of those cards. I got my 9800GT for around $60 a few months ago.

-Have you looked around to see if that bluetooth dongle works? I would recommend the Cirago bta3210.

-You might avoid some hassle in the future by going with the UD2:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002MAPSAI/

-It's not necessary, but maybe 4GB of RAM?

Thanks for the replies guys!
:D lol I meant Nvidia Gts 250. I chose it because I heard it was comparable, if not faster, than the 9800 Gt. I've since gotten the kext for the gts from another forum which seems to get it to work. Also thanks for your advice about the gigabyte mobo but I'd like the potential to expand later in time and that particular motherboard doesn't really cut it for me. I know gigabyte has full ATX mobo's too but they're way out of my price range for something reliable. I've seen a lot of good posts on the MSI H55-GD65, in this forum actually, and what I'm wondering is whether the regular iBoot + method will work accordingly. Taking in your guys feedback and I'm just trying to get everything straightened out before Friday (when I'll be purchasing my build)! Again, I appreciate everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back