CPU
I7 4770k
Graphics
EVA Gforce GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Build working smoothly running protools 11 and logic pro x ,i wanna add a UAD Apollo Twin but its thunderbolt only,need help on what to do.thanks

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC LGA
Intel Core i7-4770K
Mountian Lion 10.8.5
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Rosewill RDCR-13001 USB2.0 All in One Internal Card Reader
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W
Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 6
Toshiba MG03SCA MG03SCA100 1 TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Processor Cooler
Pioneer Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BDR-2209 x2
vantec 2+1 Firewire 800/400 pcie combo

There doesn't exist an add on Thunderbolt card for Gigabyte motherboards and not after-market options. The only motherboard manufacturer that has that option available at the moment is ASUS.

Thanks thats what i have noticed .So what would be your advice on my best option?

The ASUS cards are designed only for ASUS motherboards that support a "Thunderbolt Ready" feature.

Thanks thats what i have noticed .So what would be your advice on my best option?

Using a Thunderbolt card requires Thunderbolt connectors on the motherboard in addition to a PCIE slot. It seems that your only options are a new motherboard with Thunderbolt built in, or one of the Asus boards with an add in Thunderbolt card. I am using an Asrock Extreme9/AC with built in Thunderbolt.

Even though most manufacturers feature (and advertise) Thunderbolt add in card capability in their new boards, only Asus appears to have any intention of producing the card to make it actually work.

thanks for the info i bought the GA-Z97X-UD7-TH gonna do another build hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back